Managed Backup not working

I'm trying to run a Managed Backup, but it is failing, can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Shari!

Hope you're having a great day!

As for the issue, I logged in and ran Managed Backup. Almost immediately I've got a CloudFlare 524 error. This may signify two things: either there's an issue with CloudFlare itself or CloudFlare is just responding to some other issue on your website.

Can you disable CloudFlare temporarily and either run the Managed Backup yourself or give me a meessage so I can run it and check if anything changed and if there's any information that would allow to debug this issue further?

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Shari!

Still the same issue. Maybe you would be so kind as to share the CF access details with us so I can log in and disable it for the time of the testing?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket. Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below: NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - CloudFlare panel credentials (login URL/user/pass)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Please reply here once you send the details.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Shari!

Thank you for sending the credentials! I managed to log in to CF and first put your site in dev mode and tested, then I paused CF entirely and tested again. What's unexpected, I was still gettin the same CF 524 error.

From what I've seen, there might be some PHP version issue which can be worked around by downgrading PHP to 7.1 and trying again. Please do if you are able, and let me know if this worked for you.

Regardless, I'd like to continue with debugging. Would you mind sending me other access credentials so I can enable debug and check logs? Please use the same form as previously, same subject, but this time please share the following:

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Please reply here after you send them. Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Shari!

My apologies for the extended waiting time.

I was debugging the issue, tried adding defines to your wp-config.php that control how Snapshot performs backups (file sizes, methods of working with filesystem etc.), all the tweaks that help workaround hosting limitations. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get it working, so I'll upgrade your ticket to our Second Line Support team. Maybe they will be able to find a workaround. They will check a bit more and will reply here or get back to me and I will reply with any feedback I get on this issue.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Shari ,

I've tried to take a look at the issue but it seems that the FTP you've provided us isn't working any more. Could you please share some fresh credentials with me so I can help you out with this?

You can send me the information needed privately through our contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.