Managed Backup stuck at 40%

Managed Backup stuck at 40% on two sites.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dubie,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I was checking your site and actually noticed that it's loading quite slow in the backed, it seems that server is having slow response time, this could also affect Snapshot backups and the process can fail if your server can't handle a number of requests required by Snapshot.

I did some tweaks of Snapshot by adding a couple of defines in your wp-config,php file.
    Now, the backup process is still slow and support access is time limited so I couldn't properly check if that did the trick, so could you set automated backup at a time that visitor load is low on your site and see if it will complete properly now with these new values.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

I seem to be having the same problem again with website backups. For some reason, they do not run or do not complete successfully.

I've been trying to backup the site via managed backups. When I do it from the hub, the backup gets stuck at 56%. When I check managed backups via wp dashboard, it doesn't seem like it's running a backup at all.

I granted support access to wp dashboard. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Dubie

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dubie,

It seems that you server is really slow, I was even having issues loading your Media page, and since Snapshot uses PHP to create backups it can need some additional resources to finish the request.

Now, my previous change on your site tweaked the process a bit to handle less requests at once which slows down the backup time and it also reduces the load on server, but it seems your server still has issues with this.

Can you please get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to check server logs and see if there are any server limits being reached during the backup process?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

Hi Predrag,

As you suggested, I contacted the hosting provider and this is the message I got:

The current status of the server is normal and all services are working fine. We need the WordPress admin login details and exact steps to execute the optimization plugin, so we can check whether it is causing any load spike on the server and making this issues.
    ------
    Should I ask them to take a look at Snapshot Pro?

Thanks,
    Dubie

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dubie,

Hmm, not sure what optimization plugin they are referring to there?
    Can you run the snapshot process again and once it fails ask them to check the server logs around the time that it failed, or send you the longs from the past 24 hours, that should contain some info on what happens during the backup process.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.