Managed Backups are not starting

I tried to create a managed backup but that didn’t even start and gives unknown error. Can you please check?

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Gavin

Hope you are doing good today.

I escalate this issue to our SLS Team so that they can dig into this issue further for you. We will post an update here as soon as more information is available.

Please keep in mind that our SLS Team deals with more complicated issues, so it may take a little longer for them to reply here. Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Gavin
    • New Recruit

Hi Kris

Thank you for letting me know – we urgently need to get this corrected as we do not have ANY backups of this website currently. I do not know why it is not working as I have another website on StackPath that is doing fine when updating plugins and backups.

Please let me know what you find or can figure out

kind regards

Gavin

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello Gavin,

I have checked your site. I think the maximum execution time allowed still low while your site has a lot of files and large attachments. I followed this guide to save the requests:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-pro-managed-backup-not-completing#post-1410808

I installed the MU plugin as a new plugin, also added these configs in the wp-config.php file:

// Snapshot
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 2000);

// Snapshot MU
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLES_CHUNK_SIZE', 3);
    define('SNAPSHOT_MANUAL_SYNC_FOLDERS', serialize([
    'wp-content/languages'
    ]));
    define('SNAPSHOT_MANUAL_SYNC_UPLOAD_BEFORE', date('Y') );

And followed the guide to manual sync all plugins and theme. After that, the backup file created successfully. But that’s great if you can contact your hosting provider to ask them to increase the maximum execution time.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.