Managed backups: does migration script convert db tables names to the new ones for new site?

I have switched to a new hosting provider and they have automatically setup my server with a database prefix other than the one I had. I have tried to do a full restoration of the backup image taken on Dec.16, however, the progress bar appears to be glued to 5%.

Does the snapshot PHP script convert the tables' names to the new ones and that is what takes so long? If not, what are my options here (I have already tried to install a fresh WP instance, activate Snapshot pro and take it from there but the process ends almost immediately damaging core files of WP and rendering the site useless).

• Majid

Hello Thanasis
    I hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

The first step in the "migration wizard" (snapshot-installer.php) will be setting up the connection to the database that will be used.

Anything else will be handled by the installer, and the tables added to the database will be prefixed the same just like the source website database.

Also I'm not really sure about the hosting setting up a database prefix, even if that's the case the tables shouldn't be prefixed anyway, since the DB will be empty (no tables) in the first place. You just need to grab the DB name and DB username/password and pass them to the installer.

I hope this helps, and if you still having questions/issues please let us in a reply :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Majid.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.