Managed backups log errors

I'm getting several warning messages on the managed backup log file and I would like to know if the managed backup was properly created or if it could be damaged. This is the type of warning that I'm getting:

[snapshot][2018-11-27 13:55:21][Warning] Unable to perform requested system backup, proceeding with builtin

I already checked wp-config file and there is no line like this on it:

define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello F404,

Snapshot with Managed Backups will first attempt to run the backup process using system calls (Linux commands). This can make the whole backup process much faster! Above message says that this failed, most probably because hosting provider has deactivated the capability of running Linux commands, and the "normal" functionality will be used instead, via PHP commands (which makes it slower comparing to ).

When it was first introduced to Snapshot it was optional, hence we would use define to use it. But then it was changed that it always try first system backup and then it will switch to a standard method of backups.

That warning doesn't indicate anything about if Managed Backup is corrupted.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello F404,

1. To specify, Backups is not corrupted and if i restore it will work?

That above warning doesn't say that backup is corrupted or not. It is information that the system method can't be used and another method will be used to create a backup file.
    You would need to download backup a test it to check it, because this warning doesn't contain this information.

2. If you tell me exactly what i must enable on server i will do it. (please give more info)

You will need to have those enabled on your server: exec, escapeshellarg, escapeshellcmd, zip, ln, rm and mysqldump.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.