Managed Backups not errors

I'm trying to create managed backups for my sites, but I'm getting errors on some of them, for example, the one in the description, show Fatal error Memory limit even though I have it set to 6000M.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bobby,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I've checked your files and noticed that you have old debug log that's over 400MB in size and it's possible that your server is getting out of resources when processing such large files.
    Can you try deleting that file and see if you have any other large files like that and try to run backup process without them?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bobby,

Your server has multiple WP installation one in another and it's hard to track which files will be included in backup because managed backups will backup entire WP folder and that will mean any other WP sites that are inside that WP folder.

You mentioned in your chat that 5 of the sites are having this issue, can you tell me which one is the "cleanest" installation as it would be easiest to track down the issue there, and also what's the path to that site on your server?
    If support access is not open for that site please grant it as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bobby

All of the installs are on subdomains, is this a problem? Should i have set it up differently? we manage multiple sites on the domain, alakartsites. All sites are on a subdomain of this main domain. I am looking at going to a dedicated server, possibly, I want to set it up correctly. What is best practice? They all should be "clean" installations. Im not sure what you mean by "clean".

But let's start with shopelisonrd.com. I added support access. it is in /public_html/shopelisonrd

I just started a back up now.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bobby,

Having multiple installations like that is basically not the issue for WordPress itself but when you start a managed backup for a site it will include its entire WordPress folder.

For example, if you have main site inside /publich_html/ root folder and then you have additional installations in subfolders like /publich_html/sitetwo/, /publich_html/sitethree/, etc. then the snapshot will include all those installations in backup.
    Single WP installation has over 1500 files so if you multiply that by number of installations and add all the plugins, themes and media you have in each installation you will get quite a large number of files that need to be processed and your server is most likely unable to handle that kind of load.

I checked your shopelisonrd.com and I can see that the backup finished yesterday so it looks like it's working properly when only one installation is included in backup file?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.