Managed backups not restoring, getting stuck at 80%

I’m trying to restore a managed backup on my site, but it gets stuck at 80%. When checking the Full Log, I see that it gets stuck at 0% when determining table/files to restore.

  • James Morris

    Hello Jonathan

    I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your chat.

    Taking a deeper look into this issue I found that you had some .htaccess rules that were blocking access to resources except for when from specific referrers. Also, I found some fatal PHP errors. After resolving those issues, I downloaded the snapshot-installer.php from the Hub and performed a manual full restoration. This completed successfully. The staging site should now be restored back to your March 15th backup.

    Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

    Best regards,

    James Morris

  • James Morris

    Hello Jonathan

    Sure thing.

    In your root .htaccess file, at the bottom, you have a large number of rewrite rules blocking access to images (hotlink protection). I added the following rules for you:

    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://staging5.onboarding-tools.DOMAIN.com/.*$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://staging5.onboarding-tools.DOMAIN.com$      [NC]
    RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

    Where DOMAIN is the actual domain name.

    The PHP Fatal errors were Undefined Function errors that had to do with the Download Monitor plugin that was not properly copied over. Manually copying that over resolved the issue. I'm afraid I do not have the exact error message as the temporary debug.log that was created during testing is no longer present on the server.

    I hope that clarifies a bit.

    Best regards,

    James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.