Managed backups not running. It did a week ago. No special changes made.

I was running a backup of my site, which is about 4.2Gb and it took 9 hours to get to 27% and finally I couldn’t finish it.
Why would it take so long if last week it took over 1 hour to create it?
The last backup was lacking a wp-config file because I moved it from /public_html to the root to try to avoid DOS attacks, but the rest is the same and it’s not working now.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Gary,

Hope you're doing well.

I was doing some tests on your site and it looks like there are some server issues on your site that are causing weird issues with backups.

I noticed on your site that there are some console errors caused by the "WP SMS Marketing" plugin so I tried disabling it for a minute to see if console will be clear after that but what I noticed is that it can take couple of minutes to only disable or enable the plugin.

Now, the backup that I started was actually showing as stuck at 0% but after some time when I stopped it it was showing that there's 4.3 GB backup file actually created.
    So there was some action going on in the background but it wasn't showing in backup status and this is probably the same issue as your plugins taking long time to activate/deactivate.

Can you get in touch with your host and ask them to check server logs in order to see why it's behaving so slowly even with basic functionalities (enabling/disabling plugins) and this may help us finding out what's blocking the Snapshot as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.