Managed Backups not working

I’m trying to take a managed backups on the site men*****ters.com but unable to take the backup.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

On further troubleshooting, the issue seems more with I/O limiting, and with the server not having enough resources.

The memory_limit and max_execution_time was increased to 512M, and 600 respectively, and also added the following rules in the wp-config.php file:

define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS', true);

define('SNAPSHOT_SYSTEM_DEBUG_OUTPUT', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');

But it didn’t help much. I checked further by excluding non WP core files in the Snapshot plugin side, under Snapshot > Settings page, and by disabling All-in-One WP Migration but I’m afraid, the issue still seems to be the same.

I’m escalating this to our SLS teams attention to see what further improvements could be done to help get this sorted. Will get back to you once we get further feedback regarding this asap.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello Thalia ,

Apologies for the delay, the I/O always reaches the limit while trying to create the backup. So I followed the guide below to save requests:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-pro-managed-backup-not-completing#post-1410808

I installed the MU plugin as a new plugin, also added these configs in the wp-config.php file:

// snapshot
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');
    //MU
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLES_CHUNK_SIZE', 2);

And also follow the guide to manual sync all plugins and reject some themes. After that, the backup file was created successfully on Regular Snapshot ( ajax only not working with cron ) or Managed Backups. So can you login WPMUDEV dashboard and try to use Managed Backups instead of.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.