Managed backups progress bar

Hi,
It'd be great if the managed backups had a progress bar, or at least to know how many steps are left to finished: http://prntscr.com/cttpv6
Best regards!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there M.,

hope everything's going well for you and thanks for reaching us!

This is something already known in the Snapshot dev team but I can't tell when and if it's going to be implemented soon. The main issue here is that there isn't a specific number of steps that have to be made in every managed backup, and additionally there isn't a safe way to calculate them but only to roughly estimate them.
    I already pinged our dev team in case there's a workaround for this and I'll let you know as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there M.,

it seems we had some luck indeed! :slight_smile:

This workaround requires the dev tools (and especially the javascript console) in order to embed some Javascript before clicking on "manual backup".

Sfb.ManualBackup.skip_estimate = false
    This will add an extra step that will estimate the number of steps needed to process the backup, and the reporting will be expressed in percentages from that point on.

Please keep in mind that by doing this, you will significantly increase server resource usage and processing time. This may end up with timeouts and failures, especially if you're on a shared hosting with limited resources. :wink:

Have a good one,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.