Managed Manual Backup fail

When attempting to run the first backup.

It fails.

The error message does not give any instruction on how to fix it.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi Jaleel,

Hope you are doing good today!

Thanks for the access credentials. I have run the managed backup today and it showed "<empty response>" error. This error shows sometimes when there is a plugin conflict with Snapshot plugin. Have you made the plugin conflict test as Nithin suggested. If not will you please make a basic theme/plugin conflict test? To perform it try to temporarily deactivate all plugins except Snapshot and and WPMU DEV Dashboard then backup again. If worked, then enable the plugins one at a time and try to run the backup to see if the error generates. In this way we will be able to find out the conflicting plugin if there is any.

Please visit the following article to follow the steps of conflict test (you may need to scroll the page down a little):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Before that please have a backup of your entire site and database this will prevent you from losing everything if something goes wrong.

If the plugin conflict test does not help and the issue persists then we would recommend you to enable debug mode in your site which will log the errors in a file in your sites backend and will help us to have a better idea.

To enable debug mode it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

replace it with:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

This will log the errors and prevent to show the errors on the front end.

Once done run a new backup and when it fails find the debug.log at /wp-content folder and send it to us.

If you like and allow then we can also do the plugin conflict test. Please take your sites backup and let us know.

If you like us to do the debuging then could you also please send us your details through our contact form which will also help us to investigate this further,

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Sohag"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -ftp credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

Please DO NOT post the credentials here as this is a public forum, also would you mind me doing some basic troubleshooting such as temporary deactivating all plugins?

Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Sohag