management from individual multisite

I have been asked to install this plugin on one of our multisite sites. The project admin only has access to his site dashboard, not the network admin.

We installed it, did NOT network activate it (We dont want it on other sites), activated it within the site and it caused proxy errors. Are there any special steps that need to be taken to make this work on per site basis within a multisite?

Out admin install is only available on an internal business domain, the live url which is publicly available is proxied through to our internal network as a security measure.

Any thoughts?

Paul

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paul,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Membership 2 Pro plugin should work that way (per-site activated) out of the box and there's no additional steps that needs to be taken. Therefore, there must be some other reason for that issue that has yet to be investigated.

I understand from your post that you might not be able to provide support access via WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to your Multisite but if you can, please do so we could take a closer look.

Could you also please tell me:

- what is the webserver behind the site (Apache? nginx? other?)?
    - what is the PHP version?
    - what are the PHP maximum memory limit and WP_MEMORY_LIMIT values?
    - what is an exact error (most errors are identified by number and sometimes some additional description)?

It would also be great if you could do the following:

- enable WP debugging on site by adding following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site (right above the "/* That's all, stop editing...*/" line)

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

- then replicate the issue
    - after that download the "debug.log" file from inside the /wp-content folder, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here.

If you are able to share some other PHP/server logs (such as e.g. error_log) and/or proxy error logs, that might also be extremely helpful.

Best regards,
    Adam