Managing Expert Profiles

I want to have a “Manage My Expert Profile” page where users can edit the profile they’ve made. However I cannot find anything similar in the documentation and the plugin is not straightforward on this. The shortcode is for creating a new expert, and once a user has reached the limit that shortcoded page is no longer useful.

The same applies to the Jobs as well.

Am I missing something here? Or does this need to be a feature request (or custom coded)?

Thanks for the help!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Stephanie,

When you have your expert and job you can open them on the front end and you should see Edit button at the bottom and that will allow you to edit them.

So all you need to do is login with an account that has created an expert or job, open that job/expert and click on the edit button.

If you’re not seeing this button would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Stephanie
    • Employed By Life Online

RIP Support Access – it was open when I posted LOL (I didn’t realize it was on the last day or I would’ve extended it haha my bad! It’s open now.)

Hey Predrag,

How are they getting to the page to click edit is the method I’m speaking of.

Majority of the other plugins that wpmudev has available, there is some form of a “dashboard” or profile link that allows you to edit straight from that. From what I can tell on J&E, you must go find your job/profile amongst the listings before then clicking edit. This is the only way I can figure it since the “add” pages literally only adds a new one, not giving an overview of existing jobs/profiles.

It just threw me off to realize this as I was exploring how to setup my member’s account quick links. For the jobs and expert profiles, I’m only able to give them links for adding a new, not editing an existing (or similar, such as an account/overview page).

Sorry if this isn’t making any sense. I feel I’m walking myself around in circles trying to explain it. (Also slightly tired trying to get my response in so I can get this conversation moving more.)

I can explain via screenshots if I’m confusing you. lol just let me know

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Stephanie

I have accessed the site and I think it might be a bit “unclear” when there’s no expert profiles and jobs currently. On your site you got a link in a menu to the /my-experts-profile and /my-jobs pages and these are the pages where any logged in user would see their profile and their jobs, respectively.

If I register on your site and create my profile, I’ll see it /my-experts-profile page and will be able to edit it from there. The same way it works with jobs and /my-jobs page.

What is different to the “default” setup though is that on the pages that plugin is using you don’t seem to have these two shortcodes added:

[jbp-my-job-btn]
    [jbp-expert-profile-btn]

which are responsible for displaying a “My Profile” and “My Jobs” icons there – that would make it easier to navigate.

That being said, if I missed or misunderstood something, let me know please and I’ll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Stephanie
    • Employed By Life Online

I apologize, I am a doofus. I had the pages set to the same target (clearly I was tired when I did it) so it wasn’t directing correctly.

LOL

This is why we don’t work when we’re tired. Silly things happen.

Thanks for your time, though. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.