Managing subsides on a multisite with the dashboard

Hey there!
I may just not know the words to look up here, but I\'m trying to manage the sub sites in my multisite network and I don\'t quite know how to do so from the dashboard. I can see the parent site from the multisite on the dashboard, but I\'m unsure how to with the dashboard maybe manage their individual backups, etc.
Thanks!
-Gabe

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Gabe,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Are you referring to managing your network with our WPMU DEV Dashboard?

When using network installation all the stuff is handled in pretty much one spot, it's one WordPress installation, powering up all the subsites, so all the themes and plugins you install are the ones that will be available for subsites, subsite admins don't have option to upload their own plugins/themes.

When you say "managing backups", are you referring to backups created by Snapshot plugin?
    If so then there are two things to consider here as Snapshot offers two kinds of backups.
    First is a Managed Backup that's a backup of your entire network, including your entire WordPress installation, files and database.
    Regular Snapshots on the other hand can be set to create a backup of a subsite only but with this backup you can't get a hold of the WP installation files, but you can still backup media, themes and plugins.
    If you want to create a backup of one subsite then in your WP network admin navigate to Snapshot > Snapshots > New Snapshot and in there you will see "Blog to backup" option where you can select which subsite to backup.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.