Mandatory and Immediate FIX in your Responsibility

Not only, a single advice - given once by one of your team member for a product out of your factory - had such an incredibly, devastating impact on our entire work and application...

Not only, leaving us totally in the lurch now... instead demonstrating responsibility by solving those severe, massive problems...

Not only, obviously you are not obvious not aware about nor do you guys realize what that means and lead to for a whole bunch of good people…

Sorry that's far too much for us to accept and care... especially for myself personally. Useless to mention it's truly difficult to maintain further trust and the great positive impression and respect we got once about you guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More by sudden we figured out, snapshot does not work proper anymore (like before the incident)! See attached screenshot.

We expect that you take immediately responsibility for it and fix the snapshot plugin right away, allowing us to backup in full our main domain again.

Sincerely
Prinz

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Prinz,

Hope you're well?

I do not see anything wrong with Snapshot, It works perfectly well on both my own sites as well as many others. However, different server configs & different webhosts can all make a difference. (we can't be held responsible for webhosts having different policies & setups)

One thing that stands out is max_execution_time on your server.

If you can edit php.ini on your server (or ask your webhost)

You need to increase max execution time.

max_execution_time = 600

Should be high enough. This should then hopefully prevent timeouts happening with larger files.

Hope this helps

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Vaughan,

thanks for prompt reply. Until recently snapshot was doing a proper, reliable job, every single day... exactly like it should. By sudden, all scheduled snapshots were deleted... so, we set them up once again. Snapshot does it's job again exceptionally from backing up our main domain. As shown with the screenshot above, backup runs smoothly until it comes to the last file... media. There snapshot stops.

Now, either caused by the recent snapshot update and/or caused by the severe trouble we are currently caused by ultimate branding, or probably through the media path your colleague sent us two days ago... by sudden snapshot causes hassles. Isn't it naturally then to assume... it must be in wpmudev responsible to fix asap that issue because backup is a most important task to do?

Other thoughts:

1) snapshot is a wpmu plugin
    2) we didn't change anything at all on our vps (why should we, when everything is working)
    3) to avoid any losses as it is our main domain, the urgency of our support request is vested.

However, YES we do have access to php.ini and I personally went through the entire file but I couldn't find there a code line 'max_execution_time =' ... in short I can't change it to 600 as suggested by you.

Also, as we did not change anything on our server (means snapshot worked obviously with 1024) we are just wondering why reducing now that time... also, isn't a higher time sequence of benefit for large files?

Please be so kind advice further...

1) where to find that code line
    2) answering our question about 600 and 1024.

Looking forward hearing from you again.
    Cheers
    Prinz

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I don't know what the 1024 is but it isn't related to execution time, I think you are referring to the memory_limit with the 1024 as defined in the snapshot plugin settings.

You need to set max_execution_time = 600 in your php.ini

It should be there. do a search for execution

I can see on your config it's currently set to 30.

I'm trying a snapshot again for the one that doesn't seem to work.

I have changed your compression method from pclzip to ziparchive instead. hopefully that might solve it. but the execution time could still be better being increased.

Let's see if the snapshot gets created this time.

Thanks

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Prinz,

The max_execution_time still haven't changed. I have a theory for this, for backup any media files, the system will need to load the media file to memory, and then copy it to another place. All this process will get handled by PHP and Apache(or other web server), so this process will rely on 2 things, the max_execution_time, which is decided how long the script can run, and the memory_limit, which will make sure no memory overflow. In your case, if we have any large media file, one or two condition can fail, and we will get the error.

Can you please check if we have any large media file, also, I will need more information for further debug. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Prinz,

Thanks for sending me the information.

I've investigated your site, it seems like some table missings, so the script failed.

Can you please let me know which snapshot fail, so I think I can modify the meta, to remove the missing tables index and make it work again.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Hoang,

thanks for getting back to me. As requested, the only snapshot which doesn't work it the one of our main domain

BotBO Online --> Time to have some help?! (bestofthebestonly.com)

If you click at Network Admin level --> Snapshot (all snapshot) than scroll down to the bottom you'll see, it's the first (at bottom) one on the list, named

BotBO MainDomain Snapshot

Hope this is the answer helping you to modify the index.

Many thanks upfront for your kind support.
    Kind regards,
    Prinz

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@Prinz,

I've tried to create a backup, if without media files, the backup go through. I'm still need to investigate the reason why the media files make the whole process stuck.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Hoang,

could you find the solution by now, that backup WITH media files goes through again, like before?

Please be so kind give this thread your full attention as it is by now an 'old' one apart from frustration not being able to do a full backup.

Cheers Prinz

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@Prinz,

I hope you are well today.

Looks like when the plugin processing files backup, we got some issues with permission. However, your site is live (the staging server seems getting error with the database, so I can't test), if possible, can I download your full site to my local, so I can create a test environment and find out what going on. This can help me to move faster :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Hoang,

since Tue we did hear from you at all! Now, we are most concerned about not knowing what's going on. So, please give an update

first, what about our application? As mentioned you downloaded all...
    second, when can we expect that the issue is solved finally?

Regards,
    Prinz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.