Manifest data not found error - SNAPSHOT PRO

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-got-this-error-error-manifest-data-not-found-in-archive

I am having the SAME error as this gentleman. I dont know what support was given because it was private. I need this to work asap.

let me know what you need from me, but I was wondering if you could help.

EDIT:

this just broke my site so I have to uninstall and reinstall wordpress. Will follow up shortly.

thx

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Machinedigital,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm very sorry that your site got broken, hopefully you'll be able to get it back soon.

As for Snaphsot error. Please make sure that on "Snapshot -> Import" page you do not post a Dropbox/Google Docs URL in the "URL or local path to Snapshot" Archive page. This most likely won't work and will cause an error.

This is because plugin requires a direct URL of the snapshot archive file and both Dropbox and Google Docs doesn't server file directly but instead respond with a webpage being a kind of "download gateway". You can easily test it yourself by pasting file URL to your browser bar: you'll find out that instead of "Save file" browser window you'll be presented with a page where you need to click on a download link.

This breaks Snapshot workflow. In such case it would be better to download Snapshot archive file to a local drive and then upload it via FTP to "/wp-content/uploads/snapshots" folder and on "Snapshots -> Import" page hit "Scan/Import Snaphsots" button with "URL or local path to Snapshot Archive" filed empty.

Please note though that that's just a "blind shot" as I was not able to check your site. That said, if this was not a case, let me know please and it would be great if you could grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look. You could do this by following this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.