manual adding a new appointment

Hi,
I noticed that I was able to manually add a new appointment at the same time, date , and provider as one already paid or pending without getting an error that the time is not available?

October 31, 2012 11:00 am Silver Package nina pending
October 31, 2012 11:00 am Silver Package nina pending
October 31, 2012 11:00 am Platinum Package nina paid

Is this working as design?

Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Yes it is working as intended...

Please note the FAQ in the plugin

Can I enter a manual appointment from admin side?
    Yes. You may as well be having manual appointments, e.g. by phone. Just click Add New link on top of the Appointments admin page and enter the fields and save the record. Please note that NO checks (Is that time frame free? Are we working that day? etc...) are done when you are entering a manual appointment. Consider entering or checking appointments from the front end to prevent mistakes.

Best,

Kimberly

• scdwb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello,

Hmm, this is a little bit of a problem. Though, it's good to know it is designed this way and it's not an error.

Is it possible to have manual appointments, which are made in the admin, pass through the same checks as the front end booking? An option to enable/disable this may be good to meet all plugin owner's needs.

A simple message "appointment already exists" will mean admins can add appointments without having to worry about double bookings.

As the code is already there for checking against providers/time, perhaps we could hook into the "app_save_user_meta" action that is within the "inline_edit_save" function in the plugin.

This would hopefully mean we can add this functionality before a future release of the plugin.

Can you help with this?

Regards,
    Steven

• scdwb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

While we're managing the rest of the plugin in the admin it is more productive to stay in the back end and add appointments. We're trying to speed up productivity and this is why not having the bookings checked is proving a problem.

If we can stay in the admin and add appointments like we do now (but have them checked so we don't double book) that would be ideal. Having to manually cross reference against bookings to make sure we don't book is also a slow process.

Many thanks,
    Steven

• jim_true2
    • New Recruit

I actually think this should be a logical addition. Adding entries in the back-end shouldn't pre-empt the logic flow of the front-end. We as Admin's may be smart enough to cross-reference, but we're expecting our end-users to believe the back-end works like the front-end. Why wouldn't that be the case?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jim_true2,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the question but please feel free to open your own ticket instead of commenting/reopening a several month old ticket that not only is the originating member no longer active but the attending/monitoring staff member is not with WPMU DEV anymore.

I will be happy to put this in as a feature request for you and feel free to copy and paste any relevant information form this ticket into the new ticket.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.