Manual appointments can duplicate time slots

Hi, i tried to create manual appointments with the same details (e.g. same hour, day, service provider, service) and i created 3 appointments and all of them were succesful. All of them have "confirmed status", and the confirmation email was sent to every client.

How can this be stopped?

Thanks a lot.

• aecnu

Greetings jhonatan1988,

Thank you for this great question.

Though I searched for it I know there is a ticket similar to this one that covers a very similar if not identical symptom. Rather then stick my foot in my mouth lets consult with the reigning authority of this plugin, the lead developer Hakan.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

Use front end. This is from FAQ:

Can I enter a manual appointment from admin side?
    Yes. You may as well be having manual appointments, e.g. by phone. Just click Add New link on top of the Appointments admin page and enter the fields and save the record. Please note that NO checks (Is that time frame free? Are we working that day? etc...) are done when you are entering a manual appointment. Consider entering or checking appointments from the front end to prevent mistakes.

Please note that admin is allowed to "overload" time slots manually.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan

Hi,

How do you do this when you require prepayment through Paypal?

You cannot send a Paypal link to client to let him pay through. This is not allowed by Paypal. What you can do is asking payment from your Paypal account. Use "Request Money" tab of your Paypal account.

Sometimes I have meetings to go to, and don't want my client's booking at the same time. I really don't want to pay myself to block out my time when other things (life) come up. What do you recommend?

I am not sure I understand the problem here. Block out those time slots manually. You don't need to pay anything.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings spiritualhealthandwellness,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for your additional input.

It appears that there is a slight misconception with this item:

Sometimes I have meetings to go to, and don't want my client's booking at the same time.

With that in mind I do not think a client can add or block out time that has already been designated as taken.

As Hakan wisely brought to our attention:
    Please note that admin is allowed to "overload" time slots manually.

Which means others cannot take up time you have already designated for other things.

So you will indeed want to reserve this time yourself and therefore the script will not allow an end user to book that slot.

Think of it as an appointment book where you have everything scheduled - to include tasks that you want to complete i.e. meetings, dinner out, whatever.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• spiritualhealthandwellness

I did as the directions suggested, but I was unable to figure out how to COMPLETELY block out the appointment slot so that no one else would accidently book an appointment. I demo'd and tested it many times, and just couldn't get it to work properly. One of the things that I don't like about this program is that users are told that in order to avoid problems, schedule appointments from the front end. That doesn't work for me because I require pre-payment, and for clients that I have seen previously, I do schedule appointments without them having to pay their deposit d
    own.

I also wanted to be able to block out times during the day that I would not be available without having to block the whole day, and that option does not exist in this plugin. You may not even be able to do that, I don't know.

I wound up cancelling my subscription to this plugin, and went back to using the on-line scheduling company that I previously used.

Thank you for your time. I do use several of the other plugins that you offer, and the work great. I just wasn't happy with this plugin.

• Hakan

Hi,

I also wanted to be able to block out times during the day that I would not be available without having to block the whole day, and that option does not exist in this plugin. You may not even be able to do that, I don't know.

This option is available. Just create a manual appointment for yourself. If you want to block several hours, create a service with that duration, create a manual appointment for that service for yourself and then delete that service. The whole process does not last even 1 minute.

The rest are already explained above: You cannot ask a PayPal payment from the client like that if you are entering the appointment manually. This is not allowed by PayPal or any other payment gateway.

Long live and prosper,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.