Manual Approval Required For Twitter With Every Comment

Hi all!

I'm enjoying trying out Comments Plus.

The plugin works perfectly with Wordpress and Facebook... meaning once I add a comment once then further comments are automatically posted.

But it appears that I have to approve Twitter comments every time.

Do you know of a way to allow Twitter comments to post after the first comment?

You can see my tests on this post:
http://www.sagerock.com/blog/my-2012-advice-you-probably-dont-want-to-take/

In Settings>Discussion - I have "Comment author must have a previously approved comment" checked.

Thank you for your help!
Sage

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings sagerock :slight_smile:

to clarify sir - that even after an author has posted an approved comment considering that you have checked "Comment author must have a previously approved comment" - you must still manually approve each comment after you have approved their first one?

Joe :slight_smile:

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Yep, I also see this behaviour on a test site of mine.

It seems that for some reason, WordPress is unable to match the two together. I think that's because it usually does so by e-mail address, something that isn't included in Twitter comments.

I'll defer to the developer on that one...

Thanks,
    Phil

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

To confirm, that is exactly what is happening - unfortunately, Twitter doesn't allow us to access users' emails in their profiles. However, WordPress uses emails to check for previously approved comments, and these two features then produce the result you encountered.

In the latest plugin version (v1.3.1, just released) there is a new add-on that may help you with this issue. The plugin is titled "Fake Twitter Email", and that's basically what it does - it will construct a fake email address based on the Twitter username, and associate that with the posted comment. The next time someone posts a comment using the same Twitter account, the constructed email address will be the same, thus giving WordPress approval settings something to work with.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.