Manual payment option - Fundraising

Hi,
Thanks for the great support whenever needed. Keep it up :slight_smile:
I'm almost done setting up the fundraiser. There are two options, Manual and Paypal.
Can I change the text of "Manual" to say "Check" since people won't know what Manual means. And change "Paypal" to say "Credit card"?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gil,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can use Ultimate Branding and it's network wide text change module to do this :slight_smile: I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Just install that plugin if you don't already have it then activate the text change module and fill in the fields as seen in the screenshot :slight_smile:

The text domain "wdf" field ensure that the change only occurs in the Fundraiser text, so it doesn't change text in your other plugins too.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gil,

Thanks for your quick reply here. Do you have any caching plugins at all? It could still be showing you a cached page instead as this has worked on my install.

If clearing your cache doesn't work then could you grant support access? Then I can take a closer look :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gil,

Thanks for your patience on this one :slight_smile: lets try changing the text through a function instead, you can add the following code into your theme's functions.php file:

function change_translate_text_paypal( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) {
    if ( $domain == 'wdf' && trim($translated_text) == 'PayPal' ) {
    		$translated_text = "Credit Card";
    	}
    	return $translated_text;
    }
    add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_translate_text_paypal', 20, 3 );

function change_translate_text_manual( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) {
    if ( $domain == 'wdf' && trim($translated_text) == 'Manual' ) {
    		$translated_text = "Check";
    	}
    	return $translated_text;
    }
    add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_translate_text_manual', 20, 3 );

Or you can add it into your /wp-content/mu-plugins/ - I've attached a file if you want to go that route, just unzip the folder and upload the change-wpmu-text.php file to that folder and it will automatically be activated. If you don't have the mu-plugins folder then just create it inside the /wp-content/ one :slight_smile:

If it's still not working just let me know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Gil

Tyler,
    I don't really know too much about code so went with the second route. I uploaded the change-wpmu-text.php file to the mu-p;gins folder. Now what? Is that supposed to automatically make the change happen? If so, it's not working. If I need to do something to activate it please let me know.
    Please just go in and do it yourself - I've granted access to support. This is taking too many back and forth and it may just be quicker for you to do it.
    Also, please see if someone can reply to my other query that is also taking days of back and forth to resolve. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/fundraising-form-disappeared#post-866398

Thanks for all!
    Gil

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gil,

Yes, it should automatically make the change happen. It's very odd that it's not - I've never seen both of the solutions not work like this before.

If you don't mind me just going in and investigating further, then could you send in your FTP through our private contact form to me? Then I believe I should have everything I need to get to the bottom of this.

Send that through this form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Since support access is open you don't need to send in the wp-admin credentials, but it might save time later on if we have to ask to re-grant. So up to you :slight_smile:

and just to be sure, is it okay if I do plugin/theme testing? This involves temporarily deactivating plugins and temporarily swapping themes. I'll make sure to swap back when I'm done.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Thanks for sending that in Gil, I didn't need to do any plugin/theme testing after-all, the issue was file permission. The mu-plugin wasn't readable, I changed it so it is now and looks like everything is good to go :slight_smile:

You may need to clear your cache to see the change.

Hope that helps and let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Glad Jose was able to sort out your other issue! Good stuff.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.