Manual Payment with Pro Sites not doing anything?

OK, we are in the process of upgrading to Pro Sites from Supporter and I am trying to set up the manual gateway for upgrading. It's active, I can see it in the "Your membership" area, but there is no way to finalize the order. I just see "Bill Me" and the text below, but no SUBMIT or SEND button exists. What am I missing here? How are we notified when someone upgrades?

Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

http://screencast.com/t/isBZnejDW0

Thank so much for your assistance, we're excited to re-launch with Pro Sites!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

skishopmatt

ProSites does not include a standard way to care for Manual Payments as the use of a Manual Gateway is going to vary from install to install.

The content box does accept HTML so you can add in a button to a form or something if you are hoping to automate it.

Or you can specify that they need to email you when they make the switch.

Best,

Kimberly

• skishopmatt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Kimberly - That makes sense. Ok, last question (hopefully :slight_smile: )

Do you know if there is a way to create a link to dismiss the pro site upgrades within the checkout page?

For example, if I use the built in format, the "I'll go with the Free Option" link is something like this:

http://usersdomain.com/wp-admin/index.php?psts_dismiss=1

But when we are in the checkout page, the domain is OUR domain, not their domain, so if I link to /wp-admin/index.php?psts_dismiss=1 it just gives them an error and sends them back to the checkout page. I know this can be done with PHP, but since we are in the checkout page within the wordpress editor, I'm not sure how to do that (or if it's possible).

The other option would be the ability to NOT force new users to make a decision until they click the UPGRADE button, but I don't see a way to do that in the options. Do you know of any way to avoid going to the checkout screen when a new user signs up?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings skishopmatt,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there, the Manual Payment gateway calls the WP editor for the text box.

I believe I've seen others putting embeds before but perhaps had an issue with it stripping something from the code.

I cannot remember exactly and would have to look. You should be able to use HTML for sure, a shortocde? I'm not sure

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.