Manual Payments button works but how do I apply/approve payment when it's paid

In the Events + Plugin there is an Extra/Addon for Manual Payments.

I have been able to get this to work, however...

The Manual Payments button works and says that payment has been paid after I click the Made Payment Offline button but how do I apply/approve payment when it's arrives into the bank account?

Event Page: http://vip.net.au/~rideadve/rides/2014/09/bridge-to-bridge-tk-ride/

Process:
Click I'm Attending
Click Login with RideAdv
Register with the site and click Submit
Click the Manual Payment button
Click I Have Paid Offline
The Thank you for your payment message appears

All good... now whe we verify that the payment has been made and is in the bank account, how do we acknowledge to the Event Attendee and our records that it has been paid?

Regards,
PJ

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Pj,

Hope you're doing well today!

Currently there isn't a feature like that in the add-on because it's assumed that the person sending the money will get confirmation through the method they send with. An alternative, would be to manually email them when they are confirmed. Or I believe it would be possible to create an email template with e-newsletter and manually send it to users as needed - you could use the codes for name etc. so it dynamically fills it in.

Either way, I will still add this to the features section for you :slight_smile: this way the dev can see it then it can be considered for a future update.

Let me know if you have any further questions here PJ :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• PaddyJames
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Tyler,

Letting the attendee know is half the problem. The other half is that when you export the attendee/RSVP list from the event it had a column for paid, which will be false for manual paying attendees.

It would be good if in either the event in the RSVP section and if you have admin privilege that you can switch them to paid, which will trigger an email to them saying payment had been received.

PJ

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @PaddyJames, I hope you're well today!

It would be good if in either the event in the RSVP section and if you have admin privilege that you can switch them to paid, which will trigger an email to them saying payment had been received.

A workaround would be to integrate Events+ with MarketPress.
    This way, when clients attend and event, an actual order is created in MarketPress and you can manage the status of these orders there. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• PaddyJames

Ari,

This wouldn't be a work around as the RSVP list in the event would still not show who has paid and who hasn't. The website owner/event organiser needs to know this information on a dialy basis so that payments can be chased up or their booking cancelled if they aren't attending to open up the spot for a paying attendee.

Also the PayPal payments don't seem to report back correctly either to show that the attendee has paid.

This is a core feature of an events booking app.

This Events+ plugin has many gaping holes in it. I expected more from subscribing to WPMU that the plugins promoted are fully tested and meet basic market conditions before release.

I now have to go in search of another Events Management Plugin as it looks like the core issue wont be resolved without a lot of workaround coding which means fture updates then won't be possible.

Vlad the lead developer should be looking at all these issues carefully and making sure that the core components work as expected.

I have already spent a lot of time trying to find fixes and uninstalling and reinstalling beta and latest versions of the plugin to still have it broken.

PJ

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey PJ,

Hope you're doing well today! Sorry to hear about your experience so far. Perhaps we can turn that around :slight_smile:

When using the manual payment button you should be able to "Approve Payment" via the Event RSVP's on the edit event page. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate.

Were you testing PayPal in sandbox mode? PayPal Sandbox is notorious for acting a bit wonky. Even if your sandbox testing was successful you would still want to test it in live mode too just to be sure.

I would test it in live mode now and do a cheap transaction to see if that marks as paid. It should!

Let me know how that goes if you get a chance to try it out :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend PJ.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• PaddyJames

Tyler,

Whilst it should work that way by design and some previous version may have had that feature it now doesn't work. This is what I mean by "flakey" in my other currently running issues with Next_Event_Countdown. Every time one thing is suppose to be fixed somewhere else breaks.

I've attached my screenshots.

The first shows the section of the page with the Manual Payment button clicked and it's section expanded with the I have Paid Offline button, which I clicked.

The second shot shows the backend after the I have Paid Offline button was clicked.

PayPal
    After reading posts about issues with PayPal I also tried a real PayPal payment by setting the price to $1 and had the IPN turned on and redirecting back to the website, still no luck. Even if the payment didn't do the IPN correctly, you still should be able to mark off that the person has paid after reviewing you PayPal payments through PayPal.

PJ

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @PaddyJames, I hope you're well today!

Could you please grant me access to your backend so that I may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• PaddyJames

Tyler,

I cannot find any IPN transactions. Although I had to use my own account and reconfigure it to test. So don't know what went wrong there.

I would be happy at this stage if we could even Approve Payment manually, but as you have seen in my screen shots I don't get the same as you.

Also this customer has other websites where they do lots of transactions through their PayPal, so the PayPal account wouldn't be dedicated to this website, which means the IPN wouldn't be able to be configured to work correctly anyway, so they may need to manually approve them.

PJ

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey PaddyJames,

Apologies for the delay here. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

You should be able to see the IPN history from your account overview in PayPal then History > IPN History.

It allows for manual approve on manual payments, not paid payments. By default it will require IPN to approve the paid payments because that's how it knows when the payment was successful.

What I will do here is call in SLS for you :slight_smile: our coding experts. Then we can get their valuable feedback on the situation and see if we can get a manual approve option for the paid rsvp's.

Thanks again for all your patience here!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey PJ,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks a ton for your patience here!

I just checked on the status of this ticket in the assigned SLS' queue and it's coming up soon :slight_smile: keep in mind SLS and devs usually take their time off on weekends. In the meantime, just let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• PaddyJames

I have installed the latest beta: 1.7.6 beta3 and it does not fix the manual / PayPal payment authorisation issue I'm having.

I do not see what Tyler see's: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/?bb_attachments=715051&bbat=47842

But, only see what I have posted: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/?bb_attachments=715834&bbat=47903

Support access is ACTIVE until 27th August, 2014 12:15 pm

@Vladislav @Vinod Dalvi @Tyler Postle @aristath

PJ

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey PJ,

Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned I was running some tests before I did, just so you weren't receiving random emails.

Thanks for posting that, I noticed that as well. I have just done a bunch more testing on my own installation here and it seems that only when I RSVP as the admin user does the approve payment link appear.

Can you confirm this on your installation?

Look forward to hearing back here!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey PJ,

I'm getting that same behaviour except for when I RSVP with my admin account. It seems to give me the option to approve the payment, only for my own user. I have passed this information on to the dev.

From what I can tell it is working as it was designed too, but hopefully we can add this feature in for you :slight_smile: the dev we would normally have working these issues has had the last few days off, which is why I'm a bit slower replying here. Thanks a ton for your patience!

Let me know if when you RSVP with your admin account, if you still aren't getting the approve payment link. Wasn't positive if you were using your admin account in the above comment.

Talk to you soon PJ!

Tyler

• PaddyJames

Hi Tyler,

I confirm that when clicking I'm Attending to an Event, when I'm logged in as Admin, that it automatically goes to Paid, even without paying, via Manual Payment of PayPal, it doesn't even ask for payment.

So in the Events RSVP it doesn't have teh option to approve payment as it seems to automatically approve the admin attendance.

It doesn't seem that not being able to approve payments is by design, as in one of you prevous posts you showed a screen grab where your own demo had a link to approve payment.

I don't know if it is a setup issue or my settings selections are wrong, but several people have looked at those and I have received no indication that anything is out of place.

PJ

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Howdy, PJ!

I added an extra flag to this post, thanks so much for both confirming your experience here, and for your patience.

Adding a feature can take some time, our dev team is both pretty small, and pretty busy, so we appreciate how understanding you've been.

Take care!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Paddy,

I was going from Tyler's comment:

From what I can tell it is working as it was designed too, but hopefully we can add this feature in for you :slight_smile: the dev we would normally have working these issues has had the last few days off, which is why I'm a bit slower replying here. Thanks a ton for your patience!

I know most of our devs are off on the weekend, it's mostly just support staff who are around on Saturdays and Sundays, but the dev will see this first thing Monday.

Thanks again for your patience!

From the answers here, and Tyler's tests, it looks like the plugin is working as it was designed to.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, PJ.

Tyler only saw that link when he was approving his own payment, he was not able to see that link for any other person who paid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this also the behavior you're seeing? You can approve links from your account when you pay, but not anyone else?

We've got two flags into the developer, but please let me know if that's not in fact what's happening to you.

Thank you!

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey there @PaddyJames and @samjovanou,

Hope you are doing great today.

I'm really not sure if this is a feature request or if it was supposed to allow payment approval.

In any case, I've made some modifications to the add-on in order to work as you expect.

You need to download the attached file and override it on this location:
    wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-manual-payments.php

Please let me know if everything works correctly. In that case, I'll try to push this to the production version.

Thanks,
    Jose

• Jose
        • Bruno Diaz

Hey @samjovanou,

Sorry that I didn't clarify above.
        One of the issues with this was related to the payment registration routine.
        This means that when the user clicked "I have paid", it wasn't be stored as a pending payment.

That said, this fix will work for new payments. For old payments, you need to click "I have paid" again.

Please let me know if it works. :slight_smile:

Cheers!,
        Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.