Manual Restoration of a Snapshot Backup Zip File

Dear Sirs,

After two live-chats with two very supportive and helpful chat assistants, they have asked me to raise a ticket via here as my issue is too complex to be resolved over a chat session.

So the background. Updated a few plugins on this website, but unfortunately this broke some of the websites functionality, so no problem I thought, I would just restore back from my snapshot pro backup I had taken on the previous week, and then when my problems started. For some reason the backup firstly hadn't upload to the WPMUDev's clouds, but at least I have the zip file locally within the website, so I click restore.... 45% and I receive a failure, Restoration Failed, nothing more. When I attempt to refresh the website, oddly it asked me to setup the website again, as if from a fresh installation of Wordpress. I fill in the details, and when I log onto the dashboard, sure enough clean install. No posts/pages/products or users (Its an ecommerce) website. OMG !!

I check the database in the backend and it full of everything, so nothing completely lost I hope. I am not in the situation when there is a holding page on the website and one very irate customer as his website is down. So via the chat support, I have copied the 1.2Gb zip file and a snapshot-installer.php into a separate subdirectory, but when I run the script, more errors.

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(): Invalid or unitialized Zip object in /home/sites/thewoodenhutgiftcompany.co.uk/public_html/wpmudev/snapshot-installer.php on line 802 Warning: ZipArchive::close(): Invalid or unitialized Zip object in /home/sites/thewoodenhutgiftcompany.co.uk/public_html/wpmudev/snapshot-installer.php on line 803

Configuration failed, and the database check is stating that the data with this name already exists, which is not true, as its a unique name.

Can anyone help me please, even if I have to manually unzip the files to the web and restore the database manually somehow.

Here's hoping, many thanks
Andy Read

• Huberson

Hello there,
    Snapshot backup contains your database tables in the form of .slq file inside the zip. You could extract all the sql files from there then with a new test database try to manually restore the tables using phpmyadmin.
    This process should restore all your data if they were successfully backup in the snapshot. But because some values in the database are plugins and themes options you might want to manually add the plugins and themes that were installed when the backup was made. You'll also need to update the old wp-config.php with the new database credentials(dbname, user, pass).

Do let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Hubreson

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.