Manually add a subscription to a user?

Hi there,

Is it possible for admin to manually attach subscriptions to users?
My case is:
- I need the subscription to start and end at a specific date, therefore...
- I want to add the users with these subscriptions all on one date so admin management is nice and tidy
- the members can pre-signup and pay first from a gravity form leading to paypal and their welcome page will say that their membership will start at such and such date.
- Once I attach the subscriptions then the membership plugin can take over the subscription management (because Membership does a nice job sending out the reminders/renewals afterwards with payment processing)

Since there is no plugin option for specific start/end dates, is the above possible, as a workaround solution?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

• Donna

Thanks for the quick reply,

I read a few more posts and found out how to add subscriptions...cool

Would you mind explaining further what you mean by:

"This doesn't work well with payments and automatically renewing subscriptions though. Your users will need to renew manually."

- Do you mean, when expiring, I would have to keep applying the subscription on the backend?
    - The user gets a reminder email to renew?
    - The user account will show renew button?
    - There is no initial paypal subscription setup if I add them manually?
    - It is best they continue filling out a renewal (gravity) form whenever they want to and I just keep assigning the subscriptions for all users on a specific date

If it helps, this is a course site, so all subscription users are in a set subscription time frame, but they can pay/renew at any time...

Just a few possible scenarios I'm assuming...

Thank you for your help

• Alexander

@Donna,

- Do you mean, when expiring, I would have to keep applying the subscription on the backend?

- The user gets a reminder email to renew?

If you setup some "communications" in Membership, you can have a renewal email sent out.

- The user account will show renew button?

When using definite subscriptions, your users will need to visit the "subscriptions" page on your site to renew. From there they can use a payment gateway to make another payment. This button will appear anytime 30 days prior to expiration. But you can configure the time before it appears in

- There is no initial paypal subscription setup if I add them manually?

Correct. Users will need to complete the normal sign up process to have an automatic subscription setup.

- It is best they continue filling out a renewal (gravity) form whenever they want to and I just keep assigning the subscriptions for all users on a specific date

This is a possibility, but maybe we can come up with a better option.

For example, if you need it to start and end at a specific date, but allow signup at any time, you could do something like this:

1. Create an access level that does not have access to the content you're selling.
    2. Add that to a subscription, and tell users they will have access from START to END dates.
    3. On the start date, go in and modify that access level to add the permissions to the content.
    4. On the end date, modify it again to remove this access.

This would be much less manual work as users could sign up easily, but you can still control access based on a schedule.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.