Manually Creating Non-Paying Members for Protected Content

Is there a tutorial for creating/adding manually-created (non-paying) members for Protected Content?

I think I need to start by creating a Membership (Plan) for $0.

But then where and how do I add non-paying members? I'm hoping I can capture Names, Emails, and Expiration Dates at least and then attach them to the $0 Membership (Plan). So, yes, once I've got a $0 Membership (Plan), where do I add these manual users? Thank you.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Kevin!

Are we talking about pre-existing users you want to import, or adding entirely new accounts? If it's new accounts, it's simple, you can add them as standard WordPress users (Users > Add New) and then bulk add them to the $0 Membership level.

If you're importing users from another source, it gets a little trickier. Importing the user name and email is standard, you can do that with the default WordPress import tool (under Tools in your admin menu) via a CSV file. Importing the existing expiration date is where things get tricky.

Actually, I answered a slightly different version of this in your question from earlier today. You're working with a custom MySQL database you want to append to Protected Content. See my reply to that question for more information here. Let's close this thread and continue the conversation there.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.