Manually grading units in CoursePress

I am trying to set up courses in CoursePress, intending to use it for a school with blended learning. I need a way to manually grade each unit, preferrably without students needing to answer questions or upload files or anything like that. The actual tasks are performed IRL and AFK, so there are no digital traces of them…

• Patrick

Hi there @elander

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

The assessment features in CoursePress Pro do require at least one input element in each unit to work.

So you could include a simple mandatory answer field where your students could leave their opinion/impression of the unit they just completed.

As there would then be an input field in each unit, you can then give a grade to each student.

Would that work for you?

• elander

No. Absolutely not. The courses are for programmers, and using such a kludge would destroy every ounce of credibility the school and its teachers has.

Besides, grading peoples impressions or opinions is completely out of the question in any circumstances.

I need a way to assign grades to individual units, and an overall grade for entire courses, and neither can be dependent on any of the content in any of the units or each other.

This is basically the minimum criteria for any LMS if it is to be used for anything other than online courses only.

Unless you have any ideas or are willing to introduce such features I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to introduce unit and course grades separately, as an add-on, based on your assessment function.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @elander,

Thank you for your reply.

As my colleague discussed, you can only assign grade to the courses assessments as displayed in the attached screenshot.

To manually assign grades to individual units and an overall grade for entire courses, I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi