Manuals for Themes

Loving the themes the WPMU peeps have developed and want to work with them more. I’m not finding much in the way of documentation though.

Are there any manuals for any of the themes and if so where would I find them?

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

Themes don’t typically come with manuals. However, there are some exceptions for themes that add functionality above and beyond simply design (e.g., some e-commerce themes).

If you are attempting to modify styling or something of that nature, you’ll want to look into getting Firebug for Firefox. It’ll become your new best friend when you’re editing/tweaking CSS.

• Linc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It’s not so much the CSS styling I am interested in as a possible list of references to configurable features and therefore functions that might be created for the them.

I’ve found it a good starting point when attempting to map out a theme without delving too much into the code initially.

No worries though, I’ll just have to start considering a week of exploration into the code each time I start using a new theme.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey Linc,

You’re right, it’s a bit short on documentation. A few have a couple of readme.txt or info.txt for the theme but that’s it.

We would work on expanding this but we are going to be changing it all up soon, so kinda hard to justify. If you have any specific questions about any theme just let us know.

We’d have to dig same as you probably as the none of the original developers of the themes are still here wtih DEV.

Regards,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.