Many, many, many problems with Coursepress pro

Have setup a course with Coursepress Pro.

I noticed a problem with the course list using the default slug in that it hijacks the site's blog page. This means the course list page is displayed with the title: Latest News at the top, and breadcrumbs which include blog/, in spite of not using breadcrumbs across the rest of the site.

There was also a problem with the data displayed on the course list. The dates are open so I don't want to display any. There's no means of preventing the date info from displaying though.

The course was also listed as FREE. It isn't - simply that the client organisation is not setup for online payments., but again, the FREE was stuck there permanently.

So, I set up MarketPress for manual payments and entered a price. This has caused even more problems.

Now, when trying to view the course information, the url resolves to store/products/, does not display the course title, does display some useful information, shows the word 'Uncategorised' at the foot of that information - I can't tell you how many times I have assigned this course to a category - not that I want to display the category anyway.

But wait, there's more... My only option on displaying the page above is to click the Add to Cart button. So I do, and the item is added to a cart. However, the cart is nowhere to be found and I can make no further progress.

Let's move on to student registration. It would be very nice if students could register, but unfortunately, navigating to the virtual page: /courses-signup the page simply displays one line of text: Registrations are not allowed. I have played with the available settings and none seems to apply to enabling or disabling student registrations.

I have wasted literally days puzzling and messing about with this module. Did anyone test this prior to release?

Vinod Dalvi

Hi Roger,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

I noticed a problem with the course list using the default slug in that it hijacks the site's blog page. This means the course list page is displayed with the title: Latest News at the top, and breadcrumbs which include blog/, in spite of not using breadcrumbs across the rest of the site.

It seems the theme specific issue that you are using on your site.

We can resolve it by changing these text or by just hiding them adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

body.post-type-archive-course ol.breadcrumb, body.post-type-archive-course .blog-header {
      display: none;
    }

The course was also listed as FREE. It isn't - simply that the client organisation is not setup for online payments., but again, the FREE was stuck there permanently.

I tested it on your site and found the course is not displayed free but displaying price and buy button as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

There was also a problem with the data displayed on the course list. The dates are open so I don't want to display any. There's no means of preventing the date info from displaying though.

If you have not set any date for the course in the course dates section then the date is not displayed on single course page as shown in the second and third screenshot.

You can hide the dates from the course listing page using the following CSS code same as described above.

body.post-type-archive-course .post-grid-content-footer {
      display: none;
    }

So, I set up MarketPress for manual payments and entered a price. This has caused even more problems.

Now, when trying to view the course information, the url resolves to store/products/, does not display the course title, does display some useful information, shows the word 'Uncategorised' at the foot of that information - I can't tell you how many times I have assigned this course to a category - not that I want to display the category anyway.

Is it displaying fine for you using default WordPress theme like Twenty fifteen or using the the coursepress theme provided by coursepress plugin?

But wait, there's more... My only option on displaying the page above is to click the Add to Cart button. So I do, and the item is added to a cart. However, the cart is nowhere to be found and I can make no further progress.

You will find the cart on the following page so just add this URL as custom URL menu item in your site navigation or just use the shopping cart widget provided marketpress plugin in your site sidebar so that it can be easily accessed.

http://www.yoursite.com.au/store/shopping-cart

Let's move on to student registration. It would be very nice if students could register, but unfortunately, navigating to the virtual page: /courses-signup the page simply displays one line of text: Registrations are not allowed. I have played with the available settings and none seems to apply to enabling or disabling student registrations.

This is because i can see you have not enabled user registration on your site so to make it work please enable user registration on your site as described on the following page.

http://goo.gl/OdTKtG

I have wasted literally days puzzling and messing about with this module. Did anyone test this prior to release?

Yes we have tested this with default WordPress theme before releasing it.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi