MANY Questions! Redirect, Disable Mail-Notification, History Bug(?), Revision List, etc., ...

Hi there i just purchased your wiki plugin. now i need a little bit of help with a few questions. i will order it numerical, so your answer is easier to handle for me.

1. how do i completely disable email-notifications?
2. I want everybody to be able to edit as a standard-setting. right now, the standard-setting is set to "Users who can edit posts in this site". how can i get the standard to anyone?
3. Is it possible to have more than one category for 1 article? In the admin-Area i can do this, i want users to do this too!
4. - I don't really need to work a lot with the attributes feature, the category-feature is probably enough for me! - So the easiest way for me to do so is to change the "create new article" link to the main wiki. right now, you create a new article in the level of the article you are in.
5. History is not shown correctly in my wiki. screenshot added (i tried your lite version and running the premium version now)
6. Is there a Revision List of all the current edited articles. How can i see, what article has been edited? i need my community to see it too, as a matter affect i need everybody to see it so my community can get active if someone posts bollocks.
7. How is it possible to show all articles for new users on my site to see how many articles have been written? but not as a widget, that might me too long but as a page or special wiki within the wiki?
8. sometimes 2 words mean the same thing. so in mediawiki there is the redirect-function! if i have 2 words with only 1 explaination, i would like to redirect one word(=article, wiki) to the other word(=article, wiki). this seems pretty important actually!

9. My last question is not really wiki-related but maybe somebody can help me with this because i am pretty desperate about this problem:
how can i import ONLY my users of my mediawiki installation into my wordpress site (i have installed buddypress as well if this matters in any way)?

• ruud-yakti

That's a lot of questions. As for question 2, I've also been looking into that. What I did was the following:

Go into wiki-include.php and find line 1791, which says:
    $current_privileges = array('edit_posts');
    Change this into:
    $current_privileges = array('anyone');

Note that these changes will be overwritten in a future update.

I guess it would be a nice addition in a future release to be able to change these default settings from the admin area (also accounts for your first question).

• aecnu

Greetings jeffmaster,

A few questions is an understatement eh?

1. how do i completely disable email-notifications?

Adjust wiki-include.php file around line 1716 remove:

add_meta_box('incsub-wiki-notifications', __('Wiki E-mail Notifications', $this->translation_domain), array(&$this, 'notifications_meta_box'), 'incsub_wiki', 'side');

2. I want everybody to be able to edit as a standard-setting. right now, the standard-setting is set to "Users who can edit posts in this site". how can i get the standard to anyone?

Adjust wiki-include.php file around line 1793 change from:

$current_privileges = array('edit_posts');

To:

$current_privileges = array('site');

3. Is it possible to have more than one category for 1 article? In the admin-Area i can do this, i want users to do this too!

You are going to have to apply yourself on some of this and report if there is an issue.

4. - I don't really need to work a lot with the attributes feature, the category-feature is probably enough for me! - So the easiest way for me to do so is to change the "create new article" link to the main wiki. right now, you create a new article in the level of the article you are in.

Whats the question?

5. History is not shown correctly in my wiki. screenshot added (i tried your lite version and running the premium version now)

Create a new ticket for just this so that the lead developer does not have to wade through this mess to see the issue.

6. Is there a Revision List of all the current edited articles. How can i see, what article has been edited? i need my community to see it too, as a matter affect i need everybody to see it so my community can get active if someone posts bollocks.

This is a good feature request item.

7. How is it possible to show all articles for new users on my site to see how many articles have been written? but not as a widget, that might me too long but as a page or special wiki within the wiki?

You are going to have to apply yourself on some of this and report if there is an issue.

8. sometimes 2 words mean the same thing. so in mediawiki there is the redirect-function! if i have 2 words with only 1 explaination, i would like to redirect one word(=article, wiki) to the other word(=article, wiki). this seems pretty important actually!

This is not mediawiki but this may be a possible feature request.

9. My last question is not really wiki-related but maybe somebody can help me with this because i am pretty desperate about this problem:
    how can i import ONLY my users of my mediawiki installation into my wordpress site (i have installed buddypress as well if this matters in any way)?

This is a good question in which I have no idea and will not be able to figure out without running and setting up mediawiki.

Many of these items should have been placed in separate tickets just to include #9 above.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings jeffmaster,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.