Main site is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Thank you for support.
Main site isn’t working,is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
But /wp-admin and subsite still could log in to. I reboot the server, main site still not work.

I can not connect FTP yet, so didn't do any thing.
hits are from bots from where? why have those bots?

If use WPS Hide Login
The wp-admin directory and wp-login.php page become inaccessible, so you should bookmark or remember the url. So how other user how can reg or log in the site?

4. If rename file xmlrpc.php located in your root folder, to xmlrpc ie remove the php extension. any side results?

Support is open.
Thanks!

• Jude

Hey there ShareWin

Hope all is well with you !

Main site isn’t working,is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500
    But /wp-admin and subsite still could log in to. I reboot the server, main site still not work.

1 ) Can you get for me the exact error text behind the 500 Internal Server Error ? It can be found in your server logs ( separate from WP ) . Ideally it should be in a logs folder on your web hosting account. You may need to contact your host at times if this is not available

I can not connect FTP yet, so didn't do any thing.
    hits are from bots from where? why have those bots?

2 ) This happens all the time on the internet.They basically try to attack and take down sites, if you follows our security best practices and use WP Defender then the site should be safe from most attacks

If use WPS Hide Login
    The wp-admin directory and wp-login.php page become inaccessible, so you should bookmark or remember the url. So how other user how can reg or log in the site?

3 ) You need to share the new login / admin url with the user either directly or via a admin link on the site

4. If rename file xmlrpc.php located in your root folder, to xmlrpc ie remove the php extension. any side results?

4 ) Nope this should not affect the site except if you use the REST API or a lot of pingbacks and trackbacks which are not reccomended.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.