Map does not display

I've installed on Wordpress 3.12 multisite. The shortcode gets inserted into post - but is not displayed when viewing post.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi antKat,

I just tested it out on a multisite setup to be sure it wasn't something multisite specific and was able to see the map displayed as it should. Could we maybe get a link to see what's occurring or could you take a look to see if there's a javascript error keeping it from displaying?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hmm, I can't see a reason for the maps not saving. When you go back into the posts, are the shortcodes still there (just wondering if they're somehow getting stripped from the post)?

Also, can you try another shortcode, like a gallery, something basic to see if it's shortcode related?

Regarding the images strip, I believe those are pulled from Google and I thought they were geotagged images, but I'll run that by the developer for clarification.

Cheers,
    David

• antKat
    • HummingBird

David, the short codes are in the post. When I go to insert a map into another post, there is a list of maps and I can preview them and then insert into post where the shortcode is inserted but when I go to the post there is no map.

I tried the gallery short code and it works fine.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for verifying that. I've asked one of the developers to take a look into this as I really can't see how the maps could not be displaying in this case.

In the meantime, could you try placing a map widget in the sidebar to see if it's able to display any of the maps?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you very much for posting the link to where the problem is - it was really helpful in figuring out what went wrong. The problem was a javascript conflict with theme - the initialization scripts were being included at least twice, once near the footer, which effectively zeroed out the maps data array.

Long story short, the fix for this is in the latest version (v1.0.5, just released). Once you update the plugin, it should behave properly. Please, let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.