Map not saved

Hi there!
nice to see you again.

In June I installed this plugin (Google maps) and it worked fine.
than (last month) I upgrade wordpress multisite (with aout upgrade the plugin too) and it stop working.
It still working with the map, and the blog, I already created, but I cannot create more map in new blogs.

I thought it was because I didn't apgrade, but now I've upgraded to the last version of the plugin and it still dont work.
when I try to create a new map and press Save I get a "map not saved" message and I can't go on.
http://cl.ly/1b1E1i2j3W0u2E451507

P.S.:
this plugin gave me a lot of 403 problems too http://cl.ly/3p2410121j1Z2Q131G0f
I hope it'll solve with the upgrade I've juste made, but would be great if you can confirm me this.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Those 403 errors lead me to believe that some of the plugin files don't have the correct settings...

Can you check the permissions and owner/group settings of the plugin files using an FTP program like FileZilla please?

They should be the same as the plugin files around them....

Cheers,
    Phil

• picchio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I've spoke with hostgator to better understand the situation,
    since the strange thing is the plugin works in the blog I created in my old server
    and not work in the blogs I create since I move the website in the new server , an VPS on hostgator.

They told me to speck with the plugin developer,
    but it could be some server configuration... like I'm use another Plesk version now

• picchio

I was looking in the database...
    I saw in the new blogs, the ones where the plugin don't work, there is no table about maps plugin.

There is a field in the databases blog where the plugin work properly.

does the plug in create the database field during the installation process of when a user create his first map?
    if the plug-in create the database field during the installation the problem could be in this server it don't create the database field......

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

It appears there are several different things mentioned here, so let's try and go through them one by one. As for Panoramio images below the map, the images are requested from Panoramio for area visible on your map (from top left to bottom right corner). This means, the less zoom you have on your map, the area that gets asked for images is larger.

As for 403 responses you're seeing, plugins directory shouldn't be scanned by Googlebot at all, and if they do, 403 is the proper response (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_403).

Lastly, the real problem we're facing - why the plugin doesn't work. The plugin needs a table for each of your blogs to operate properly, so can you please confirm if you have maps database tables created for your new blogs?

• picchio

Hi VeBailovity,
    thanks for your intrest.

about the photos from panoramio, you're right!
    I gave them no zoom, I tought was the marker to tell panoramio witch photos to take...

For the 403 error I understand Googlebot & friends shouldn't scan that folder,
    in fact I've already set on my robot.txt this:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /cgi-bin
    Disallow: /wp-admin
    Disallow: /wp-includes
    Disallow: /wp-content/plugins

isn't it enought?
    what else should I do to avoid to scan that folder?
    the strange thing is this problem just happen with
    /wp-content/plugins/embed-facebook/slidewindow/
    and
    /wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin
    no other folders are involved

For the last issue I can confirm in the new blogs it miss the "...agm_maps" table in DB.
    I guess it wasn't be created at all, that would explain why it don't saves the maps I create.
    Hope you could help me with that.

Regards

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I can confirm in the new blogs it miss the "...agm_maps" table in DB

Do you have the plugin network activated? If so, is there anything in common with sites where the database tables haven't been created? I.e. perhaps they were created by admin vs user registrations?

Thanks!
    Phil

• picchio

The plugin is network activated and all blogs (the one created on the old server and the ones create in the new one) are created by the admin account.

my newbie opinion is there is something (perhabs in server configuration) that stop the db creating of this plugin.

thanks

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

This really is a strange problem. Is it at all possible that you have some sort of limit on the number of tables you're allowed to create?

Anyway, can you please try to upgrade to the attached version? In this version you'll find a new section in plugin options, named "Advanced: fixes and repairs". Can you please visit your blogs that are missing the plugin tables, go to plugin settings on each of them and click the "Click here to fix missing tables on this blog" link? This option will try to forcefully install the tables, and I hope that this will help with your issue.

• picchio

You Rock!
    seems after your fix it works.

there is always some strange behaviour:
    A) If I network activate the plugin it don't work.
    B) If I deactivate network and no activate it, there is still active and it works with using your fix.
    C) if I deactivate network and activate it I get two plugin setting area and it works without you fix.

I decided to take the B solution, even if when I go to plug in area I see this message:
    http://cl.ly/153L01143D1m3D3j2u0b
    is this the right way??

What should I do when an upgrade of this plugin shows up?

By the way,
    thanks you Phil & VeBailovity

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.