Map not saved - cannot get maps displaying (?)

Hi there,

Just bought the Premium version of Google Maps plugin but cannot managed to have it working.
Everything was installed carefully and without any problem. I could get the settings and enter my default value, etc. I then open a post, click on the small earth logo and get the popup....
If I try to drop the marker anywhere and click on save, I get a "Map not saved" popup answer.

I tried to use custom fields and enter lat and long values, then insert a map but although I can see some google map code in my page view source, nothing displays (?)

I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it but got similar results.

Don't know now where to start to cure the problem :slight_frown:

THANK YOU for your kind help!
P.

• Patrick

Hello,

I did uninstall and re-installed again the full plugin but still got no results (?)
    Below are elements that might help to better understand the problem.

Here is my TEST PAGE:
    http://www.helloningbo.com/shopping/supermarkets/carrefour-beilun-store

Here is the CODE INSERTED IN POST:
    <div style="margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:0px;">
    [map id="4"]
    </div>

Here is the GENERATED CODE seen in page "view source":
    <div id="map-d44a4b08822ad8f438a4467f904d9a63"></div><script type="text/javascript">_agmMaps[_agmMaps.length] = {selector: "#map-d44a4b08822ad8f438a4467f904d9a63", data: {"markers":"","defaults":{"height":"450","width":"580","map_type":"ROADMAP","image_size":"small","image_limit":"10","map_alignment":"center","zoom":"15","units":"METRIC","additional_css":"","use_custom_fields":"0","custom_fields_map":{"latitude_field":"Lat","longitude_field":"Long","address_field":""},"custom_fields_options":{"associate_map":"0","autoshow_map":"0","map_position":"bottom"}},"post_ids":[],"id":"4","title":"Carrefour Beilun store","height":"0","width":"0","zoom":"15","map_type":"ROADMAP","map_alignment":"center","show_map":"1","show_posts":"0","show_markers":"1","show_images":"0","image_size":"small","image_limit":"10","show_panoramio_overlay":"0","panoramio_overlay_tag":"","street_view":"0","street_view_pos":"0","street_view_pov":"0"}};</script>
    </div>

Strangely enough nothing displays, not even an error or whatsoever.
    It's like the above code is totally ignored (?)

THANK YOU for your help !!!

• Patrick

THANK YOU very much Phil for pointing me out this article.
    So I'll try below to be as accurate as possible.

1 - I am using Wordpress v3.2.1
    2 - I am using WPMUDEV Google map Premium plugin v2.2

Here is the situation:
    Cannot see the map in my post (front end) - NO error message
    Can see my map and the inserted code on the admin side

Below are the steps I just did to eliminate potential elements that could disturb the plugin.

1 - I deactivated all the plugins (except of course Google Maps) :
    Result: No map displaying in post.
    2 - I deactivated my theme and reactivated the defaultTwenty Eleven theme: still NO map displaying
    3 - I deactivated all plugins (except of course Google Maps) AND kept the defaultTwenty Eleven theme: still NO map displaying (although I can see the code in "view source")

Here is the link to the concerned page: http://www.helloningbo.com/shopping/supermarkets/carrefour-beilun-store

If you use Chrome you can see the plugin code starting line 515 when viewing source...

THANKS AGAIN PHIL for your help!

• Patrick

Hey Phil,

I think I start to understand the problem...
    When I create a map I type the city, province and country in the address field. Then I move the map a little until I find the place I want. Then I drop the marker and move it on the exact position I want.
    (I then see the full address of the place I am targeting suddenly showing at the bottom of my map with a delete button on the right)

For me this is perfect BUT when I want to save this marker's position and press the button "Save changes to this map" (I guess this means "Save position on this map") an error message comes and says "Map not saved"

Finally if I close and reopen (preview) the same map, the marker is gone and I'm back somewhere in the US...

THANKS AGAIN!
    P.

PS: I had Chrome asking me if I allow Google to track my location and I answered "Deny". Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem above but prefer to tell u.

• Patrick

Hi Phil !!!

GREAT NEWS I could see the map :slight_smile: but not in my theme ;-(

First let me answer your question and tell you my site is NOT a Multisite just a "standard" site.

Now today I created a page with nothing but the map and opened it with the default WP theme (twenty Eleven) and (miracle!) I could see the map. :slight_smile:

So that shows that problem has nothing to do with my plugins (as they were all active) BUT has to do with my theme. As soon as I switched back to my theme, the map stopped displaying...

So I compared the page SOURCE from the 2 themes (WP default theme and MY theme) and discovered that a big part of the code does not show with my theme (?)

Here is below the MISSING CODE when using my theme:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/js/google_maps_loader.js?ver=3057'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    var l10nStrings = {
    	close: &quot;Close&quot;,
    	get_directions: &quot;Get Directions&quot;,
    	geocoding_error: &quot;There was an error geocoding your location. Check the address and try again&quot;,
    	missing_waypoint: &quot;Please, enter values for both point A and point B&quot;,
    	directions: &quot;Directions&quot;,
    	showAll: &quot;Show All&quot;,
    	hide: &quot;Hide&quot;,
    	oops_no_directions: &quot;Oops, we couldn\'t calculate the directions&quot;
    };
    /* ]]> */
    </script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/js/google_maps_user.js?ver=3057'></script>

Here is the link to my test page: TEST PAGE

Could you please do me a favor and ask a developer:
    "What in my theme could disturb so much the plugin that it makes it stop at half task?"
    For even better understanding, please see attached screen copy.

THANK YOU very much for your help!