Map plugin Nearby Friends Error

this is the error i get when i try to use the nearby friend function on the map

Invalid Scopes: friends_photos, friends_status. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Daniel,

Unfortunately it looks like Facebook has deprecated those two capabilities so the feature won't be possible on newer FB apps :slight_frown:

Sorry about this. I'm reporting this to our developer so he can investigate and see if there are replacement permissions we could use instead.

If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• daniel shankin
    • Flash Drive

hmm, what about the check in feature? does that still work? i haven't tried to configure it yet. also, are there detailed instructions about how to set that up? also, is there a way to make the directions pop up in a modal box or something, you can see that it doesn't really work on my site.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello daniel shankin

I hope you are doing well today!

I have tested the User Check In add-on and it's working well on my site. It's very simple to activate and use it :slight_smile:

Navigate from your dashboard to Settings -> Google Maps, scroll down to Add-ons section and activate the "User check-ins".

Use the following shortcodes on any if your page so users could check in:

[agm_add_checkin]
    [agm_show_checkins id="1" last_hour="48"]

And that's it!

also, is there a way to make the directions pop up in a modal box or something, you can see that it doesn't really work on my site.

I'm afraid this will require custom JS code and this is out of a scope that we can provide in this forums.

It's doable, please feel free to post a new job in the Jobs & Pros section so a skilful developer can do this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.