Mapped domain not resolving

I've mapped a domain and all looks good.
However, when I try to access the domain via the new url i get presented with the sign-up page as if I were trying to register a new site.

Any suggestions as the cause?

• aecnu

Greetings Patrick,

Thank you for the additional input and there is not a PM feature or like wise here in the forums but I can move the ticket to a more private area for sure and consider it done as of this moment.

On a side note, consider that you have delayed your ticket at least one day getting a reply due to the way the ticket system works. The following is a copy and paste from another ticket to bring to light exactly how the system works and your ticket just came up on my screen today:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

The good news is that the original and sub domains both resolve to the same IP, the problem I think is that the host possibly does not allow wild card DNS entries ~or~ the wild card DNS entry has not been applied.

Please check that you indeed have a wildcard DNS entry i.e. * ~or~ *.easely.co.uk because not even the sub domain resolves correctly.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• patrick_ward

Hi Joe,
    I'm pretty sure the wildcard domain is set up correctly as I can type in whatever.easely.co.uk and it takes me to the correct IP and root site.

Non mapped sub-sites also work fine. I just created this one to check
    http://qwertyuiop.easely.co.uk/
    There was no need for additional DNS records and everything works.

So, from what I can see the host server has no issue with wild card sites either (I have site registration enabled so feel free to make one by going to whateveryoulike.easely.co.uk).

So everything works fine until I try and map the domain easely.net and it instead redirects me to to the registration page as if the mapped site does not exist.

Could it possibly be an issue with the use of the same same "easely" domain name with only the TDL differing.

I'm testing this theory at present by redirecting artist-websites.co.uk to 212.48.68.170 but need to wait for the nameservers to update before I can do the mapping bit.

I'll post back if that solves the issue but I I don't post within 24 hours you can presume that didn't work.

Regards
    Patrick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.