Mapped domains redirect to the Host page

Everything was working fine but now all of my mapped subsites are redirecting to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi I checked the A records and CNAME and all is fine, the hosting company also confirmed that they didn't change anything.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi webdevcanada,

It looks like this issue is happening only for certain mapped domains and the issue is there even when domain mapping is disabled, when plugin is disabled your mapped domains should be opening your main site but that's not happening so it looks like there's something wrong with the DNS settings for your troubling domains.

This is something your hosting provider can debug further as they have more insight in the domain settings and can further investigate this for you because everything seems to be working from the plugin side.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• webdevcanada
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag, thanks for your response. Actually the tickets were created by WPMU support. I think I have fixed the issue anyways by creating domain aliases in cPanel and redirecting them to the subdomain. Not sure why all of a sudden I needed to do that, but it seems to work for now. Thanks again!

• webdevcanada
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Just to add here, in an attempt to fix the issues, my hosting company (site5) did a DNS refresh and wiped out / deleted ALL the records for my primary domain. They were good 2 years ago, but seems they have outsourced the support overseas and they offer no support other than hacking away and creating tickets for a "higher" level of support that seems to answer tickets whenever they feel like. Sorry for the rant, this is just a warning for anyone looking for hosting to NOT use site5. I'm planning on migrating everything from them ASAP.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.