mapping issue

Hi, I have two issues.
Issue number 1 : I have this website http://restaurantmasdesmoulins.fr on the network. but when logged as editor, I can't reach http://resto.valleeduweb.fr/wp-admin which is the original domain even whatever parameters in domain mapping are. This is exclusively for this domain.
However I need to use the original domain as a way for my client to upload images because for an unknowned reason, I receive an HTTP error when I try to upload images throught the mapped domain (for all my network). So this is issue number 2.
Note : my URL for loggin is [website.com]/manager. I have granted you support access.
Thanks for helping me.
Frederique

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Frederique,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have accessed your site and created myself an Editor account on a sub-site in question to test it. I was able to login but I was, indeed, taken to the mapped domain instead of the domain I used (the original one) and attempting to access /wp-admin via original domain I was given an error, requesting me to login again.

That is the issue you're referring to, correct?

Both Administration Mapping and mapped domain options are set correct and with this configuration, user should be taken to the admin area over the domain that he/she used in browser.

I see that you got other mapped domains for other sub-sites on your setup. The issue happens on this sub-site only, correct?

Was it like that "from the start" or did it started to happen just recently (if yes, were there any changes made to the site recently whatsoever?)?

Let me also know please, how was the login slug changed. Are you able to temporarily bring back default one and see if the issue still happens?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Frederique

Hi,
    Thank you for your prompt answer.
    Everything stated is correct. It happend recently since I add a new A DNS zone for my client (mail.restaurantmasdesmoulins.fr on another IP address 78.192.102.36). It is the only difference I see with my other sub-sites.
    I would like know likewise why i get an HTTP error in Media when connected through the mapped domain when I want to upload an image (for any sub-site). My host may have change something but I don't find the words to explain to him what is wrong.
    The login slug was here since the begining. I just disable it so you see it has no effect. Il will activate it again in a couple of hours so my client won't be disturbed.
    Best regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Frederique,

I was doing some extensive testing on your site and I can see the errors but there's no information about what's causing them and I can't replicate this on my installation.

I don't think that adding that DNS zone should be causing this but it's worth giving it a shot with reverting that option.
    If that doesn't help you should perform a basic troubleshooting test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if original domain admin will load after that.
    Also try using default .htaccess rules to see if .htaccess might be the cause here.

As for the image upload error, can you try adding this line to your .htaccess file:
    SetEnv MAGICK_THREAD_LIMIT 1
    Based on the suggestion from here https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/wordpress/http-image-error

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Frederique,

After testing your site again I got some unexpected results, at one moment during the test I was actually able to access original domain in backend with my editor account.

The thing is that the only thing I changed was language for that user to English, but when I then selected French and then English again I wasn't able to access it anymore.

Do you have any kind of server side caching that might be returning some cached results and cause this issue?
    If you do can you try disabling it temporarily so we can see if the issue is related to that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.