Mapping won't work completely.

I can’t map *edited by request*. I’ve spelled everything correctly turned off all my plugins.

I’ve followed all the instructions I can find. It points to the site but it gives me a “Directory has no index file” error. I’ve been down so many roads I’m dizzy. Can I get a little advice?

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

Just to make sure we have the correct information:

You have WordPress MultiSite installed on sitea.com?

And you want to have siteb.com mapped to sitea.com (i.e., you want sitea.com to host the WordPress install for siteb.com)?

If so, are you certain that you have the correct IP configured in the sitea.com installation?

Have you checked your DNS records for both sites (in particular for siteb.com)? You need to have an A record (true, CNAME is possible, but A is better and cleaner) setup for siteb.com pointing to the IP of sitea.com.

If all of that is correct, would you mind uploading a screenshot of just the domain mapping settings for siteb.com (from the control panel at sitea.com)?

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Don’t worry, though, we’ll get this sorted. @zyniker offers some excellent advice for us to be able to troubleshoot and understand what’s going on. In addition to his suggestions, though, I have a few thoughts of my own.

Actually, all of my thoughts are my own, it’s just that for most of them I wasn’t the first one to have that thought. But I digress… Anywho, for starters, we just released an update, so you’ll want to make sure you’ve got that installed before going any further. And secondly, I’d be interested in what you have in the root of each the sites. It seems like there is something going on that’s unWordpresslike. But first things first, let’s have you update and if you can share the screenshots, that’d be great.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.