Maps and displaying Buddypress profile info

Is there a way to include or customize the content that displays when clicked on the gravatars in the google maps plugin. Ex. Have their bio show up and facebook icon.

Also can we make the icon of gravatar round vs square.

and finally, what happens when multiple are in the same area? CLuster wise.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello DLG Media,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Is there a way to include or customize the content that displays when clicked on the gravatars in the google maps plugin. Ex. Have their bio show up and facebook icon

I have checked the plugin's code and I can't see any filter/hook that would help you do this so that would either changes in a plugin's core files (inside the "/inc/addons/bp-profile-maps.php" file) or some custom code that would do following:

1. fetch additional data for a user
    2. append them to marker DOM using JS/jQuery

That would be a custom coding, a bit outside of the scope of that forum so you may want to ask on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Also can we make the icon of gravatar round vs square.

I'm not quite sure how these avatars are "printed out" to the map so let me ask the developers for a little bit of help here. Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll let you know once I get a replay.

and finally, what happens when multiple are in the same area? CLuster wise.

With a "Marker cluser" option enable all the markers that are "nearby" are are "collapsed/grouped". That depends on a current zoom of the map. If for example all the members are located in a single town and the map is zoomed out to show entire country, usually that will cause to show just a single marker. Then when you zoom in the map these markers will start to "separate" at some zoom level.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello DLG Media!

I just got a word from the developer and currently changing the avatar on a map to be round instead of square without seriously changing the code wouldn't be possible with just CSS and/or CSS+JS. That's because how the maps API is used.

I'll move that to the "Features and Feedback" forum so if more member of our community will vote for that idea, our developers will put that on a "to do" list for one of the future releases.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.