Market Commerce product pages not showing or allowing site visitors to add products to cart

We only sell one product currently on our online store, and the page was working fine - but now when you go to the product page nothing shows up and there is no option to add a product to the shopping cart.

We see there are updates to the theme and dashboard plugin. We will update the dashboard plugin, but do not want to lose any "customizations" we have done to the Spirit theme by updating.

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Patrick,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and can confirm that there's no product description shown on product page. I remember working with your site in the past and remember it was there indeed. That said, could you please tell me if you are able to recall any changes (including updates of any plugins) made to your site right before it stopped working?

I would also like to take a closer look so would you mind granting me a support access via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Patrick,

All customizations made in Upfront editor are saved in your database so they stay there after the update if you didn't make any changes to actual theme files.

I would suggest making a backup of your site, just to stay on the safe side, and then updating Upfront and Spirit to latest version to see if the issue is still there after that since version 1.x have some major changes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Patrick,

I hope you're well today!

I took another look at your site and I found out that the page that's currently set as "Product List" page does not include the

[mp_list_products]

shortcode. I understand that this is because you're using entirely custom product description but at the same time this seems to be the reason for the issue. I tested this by adding that shortcode to the page (/store/products/) directly via Upfront editor (by adding shortcode to text element) and it did the trick.

Adding "[mp_list_products]" shortcode to the "/store/products" page content would help here, however it will unfortunately change the current layout of your site. That said, I think you could do the following:

- take a look at an attached screenshot first please
    - the part that's marked with a red rectangle could be added directly to the product as product description via dashboard's "Store -> Products"...
    - ... and then replaced with "[mp_list_products]" shortcode on page (via Upfront editor)
    - then you would want to style the "Buy now" button (that would also be automatically replaced" to suit your design.

This would make the shop work. In case additional tweaks (e.g. CSS or "look & feel" settings) would be needed and you would need my assistance on this, let me know please.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.