Market grid can't get global products to display

Frame Market 1.4.8
Grid Market 1.4.8
Wp 3.3.1
Multisite no buddypress
Marketpress Version 2.4.2

Hi, I had this problem before and closed out the ticket without adding the solution. Damn... here goes again...

When I add marketpress products to subsites I can't get them to show on the main global products site.
In the main site settings>reading I have show current posts
and in themes options I have show global posts
Post indexer is installed.

What step am I missing to get global products to display on the main site? I am not using shortcodes

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Atlanta,

Argh, that's no good. You're just using the GridMarket theme to display the products correct? Can we get a link to the site?

In theme options you have "Show global or just that main shop products on the front?" set to Global correct?

Let us know. Thanks!

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

It's set to global in theme options.
    The site uses privacy plugin so you won't be able to view the pages. Do you want me to email you admin access?

I think it ties in to this one that Tim was trying to help me with, where the sidebar widget isn't showing taking me to the products...no solution yet...
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/product-shows-in-global-product-widget-but-hyperlink-returns-404-error#post-179617

Maybe the issues are...

Privacy plugin blocking publishing? I have tried it different ways and no go. I have it set to settings>networksettings>users must be logged in to view blogs. Would that affect it? Is there somewhere else I can check for privacy?

I tried with shortcodes as a positive rule to allow access to global products, no go.

Or? or?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Atlanta,

Ok, do you have any other products installed? You mentioned shortcode rules so I was wondering if you had membership installed? Also, what are the sub-sites set to for Settings>Privacy?

If you have a site set to "users must be logged in to view blogs" as you mention above then guests would not be able to view the products. The same would happen if a site is marked as private or mature.

Let us know. Thanks!

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Ok, do you have any other products installed? You mentioned shortcode rules so I was wondering if you had membership installed?
    Each wholesaler signs up to the site through pro sites. Marketpress is network activated and they have automatic access to it whether or not they pay. The premium prosites part is used for the wholesalers to approve retailers. Once the wholesaler pays the premium fee Membership plugin is activated and the wholesaler can start approving retailers and the retailers can start making purchases. Membership is set up with new blog templates. Before the wholesaler pays the prosite fee his products are published and the retailer can see it but cannot purchase until the wholesaler pays the pro site fee and then approves the retailer through membership.
    I set it up this way because Marketpress doesn't allow chained payments unless it is network activated so I pretty much had to activate it for all wholesalers to get it to work and then create a restriction through their ability to approve retailers.
    I also set it up this way because even though I could create rules to prevent retailers from seeing stores, I was told that global products will always show all products. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what are the sub-sites set to for Settings>Privacy?
    Network... Only allow logged in users to see all blogs. Allow override.
    Subsite... Ask search engines not to index this site.

With the exception of the main site, all sites cannot be viewed non logged in members. The user who looking at the site with the global products listed is logged in to the main blog. I don't think that it is this because the user can enter the store or product url directly and see the product, he just can't see the global product list of all products.

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Okay... so the issue is the privacy setting.
    Allow only logged in users to see the blog lets the logged in user see the subsite but only the products that scroll from his own subsite. How do I let people who are logged in to domain.com but are not yet members of domain.com/site1 see the global products? I don't want people who aren't members of domain.com to see the global products list.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.