Market Place Cart "empty" at checkout

I cannot get the MarketPlace cart to work correctly using test products.

(1) When I select a product then click "add to cart", the widget updates. But when I click "checkout" I get the message that the cart is empty.

(2) If instead I click a second product, then the second product overwrites the first product in the widget cart. i.e. the widget cart will only display the name, price, and total of the last item selected rather than a list and running total of all items selected.

(3) If I change the cart presentation settings to "buy now", it takes me and the selected product to the next step in the check out process.

I see in similar posts that it may be a cookie problem. I checked my wp-config, .htaccess, and sunrise files and the only reference to cookies that I can find is in the sunrise file. (see below)

I've tried turning off all the plugins except domain mapping and MP. I've cleared my caches, toggling my permalinks settings, using different browsers, using a logged out browser, etc., but to no avail.

Here's my site info if someone wants to take a look:

Sales Site: http://angelscrapbooking.com/store/products/
WPMU Server: Yes on http://temporalsales.net
Theme: SimplePress
Active Plugins: MP, DomainMapping, WPMUDev Dashboard
SSL: Wildcat Cert. for WPMU site. SSL not required as I'm using PayPal Express Checkout.
MP activated sitewide?: No
Permalinks Setting: /%Postname%/

Thanks!

_______

From sunrise.php:

if(defined('COOKIE_DOMAIN')) {
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN_ERROR', true);
}

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Temporal Sales,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the MarketPress plugin.

I have gone ahead and visited the sale site http://angelscrapbooking.com/store/products/ and tested getting the same results you indicated in #1 above.

I also checked the page for error and there are not any.

Next I tested this on my production server located at: http://marketpress.aecnuwpmu.us/store/products/

And unfortunately I cannot replicate the issue. Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Therefore it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Temporal Sales
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme just long enough to check for the problem

Check, and no help. Tried both the WP 2012 and FrameMarket too.

if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

Check, and no help. I'm down to running WPMUDev's mapping plugin and MP and the the add to cart still won't work.

For background, a few weeks ago we couldn't even add any new sites, so we did a clean install of WPMU and trouble-shot and fixed the mapping problem. See: post 415431.

That fixed most everything, except now I can't upload themes and plugins via the dashboard (FTP, WP uploads, and WPMUDev uploads work OK however.) This is still an open item. See: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-upload-plugins-or-themes-from-my-computer-using-the-wp-dashboard

I'm just speculating, but could all these be related?

If you want to take a look under the hood, let me know and I'll send you the site and server log-in info.

• Temporal Sales

Update:

Making progress here.

(1) I set up MP on an new mapped site http://craftshoppers.com and experienced the same problems.

(2) I set up MP on a new unmapped site http://mptest.temporalsales.net and the cart worked just fine.

Given that both sites were configured identically on the same MU server, same 2012 theme, same products, etc, with all the plugins except MP and Mapping turned off, this suggests to me the problem has something to do with the mapping function.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Temporal Sales

Anyone have any ideas how best to troubleshoot a mapping problem. I hate to hack at it given it could take down my other sites.

If the cart problem is a cookie problem, there is one line in my sunrise.php file:

From sunrise.php:

if(defined('COOKIE_DOMAIN')) {
    define('COOKIE_DOMAIN_ERROR', true);
    }

Any thoughts?

• Temporal Sales

Update #2:

It's not really a "fix" but I've moved the site with the errant cart off my MU server. As a stand-alone site the MarketPress site works as it should.

However, the problem remains on my MU server so I'll leave the test sites up so we can try to find the solution(s).

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

From the symptoms you gave in the above posts - your last input and thank you for that - it sounds like the sunrise.php version possibly needs adjustment.

I had a ticket similar to this that the sunrise file was causing the issues.

Please check via FTP is you have an exact file size match between the version you are using and what is on the host.

In addition, are you using Multi Domains by any chance or just Domain Mapping on that MS site?

Also Anti-Slog??

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Temporal Sales

Joe,

Please check via FTP is you have an exact file size match between the version you are using and what is on the host.

I checked the files sizes on the sunrise.php in use, the original in my mapping plug-in folders, and a fresh download from WPMUDev.org. All are 2k in size.

However, I did find a difference in the section labeled "//check for domain with and without the www. prefix." Let me know if you think that line could be the cause of my problems. (see both sections appended below.)

are you using Multi Domains by any chance

No, just the mapping plugin.

Also Anti-Slog??

I have the "anti-splog" plug-in installed, but it's deactivated.

Thanks!

Newest Sunrise.php:

// Check for the domain with and without the www. prefix
    $mapped_id = $wpdb->get_var( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT blog_id FROM {$wpdb->dmtable} WHERE domain = %s OR domain = %s LIMIT 1 /* domain mapping */", $using_domain, 'www.' . $using_domain ) );

Active Sunrise.php:

$mapped_id = $wpdb->get_var( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT blog_id FROM {$wpdb->dmtable} WHERE domain = %s LIMIT 1 /* domain mapping */", $using_domain ) );

• Temporal Sales

In the alternative, if I can't get the mapping plug-in to work correctly, what's the best way to configure multiple WP sites on the same server in a way they can use the same MarketPress and Membership data?

Would perhaps sub-domains be the next best thing? Say site1.myserver.com, site2.myserver.com, etc.?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Thank you for the additional detailed input and today was a new release of the Domain Mapping plugin version 3.2.3.

Any chance that it resolves this issue?

It does mention in the change log about a cookie issue.

Would perhaps sub-domains be the next best thing? Say site1.myserver.com, site2.myserver.com, etc.?

I personally use sub domain installs only in combination with Networks for WordPress which I do not think will do the job you want because of the way it handles real domains though I was tempted to try it with the Domain Mapping plugin by Donncha which may indeed be the answer for you.

So in order I would check out the new version of Domain Mapping and if still no joy give Donncha's a whirl.

Your thoughts or let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.