Market Press

Hello please help me. I installed MarketPress. But I already have my own theme. I want to create a separate, dedicated product page that uses the framemarket or some product theme for selling products without changing my original theme. This separation is only if visitors wants to buy products only. How do I do that?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @vanavah,

If you already have a theme you shouldn’t need framemarket or something else. MarketPress has some great built in styles that work well with just about any theme. If you go to the presentation tab of store settings, you can enable a grid view and change much of how products are displayed.

You could also create an additional stylesheet to make things look just the way you like. For an example of this, see http://wp-ecommerce.org/

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Alexander Rohmann

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Also found on the Presentation tab is the slug settings. You can use those to create a link to the grid. Something like:

mysite.com/store/products

Then you can add that link to your menus. So you shouldn’t have to create a page to show the products.

However, if you do for some reason need a custom page with the products you can use a shortcode. Add this to your page:

[mp_list_products ]

It will use a grid view by default. You can find out more about how to customize this from the shortcodes tab of the MarketPress settings.

I hope this answers your question! Just let mw know if you still need help with this.

Best regards,

Alexander Rohmann

• vanavah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have not heard from you so this is just a follow-up. I created my own page and using a shortcode got the grid presentation. I have problems. When you select the sale price, the prices go into the description causing distortion. See for yourself. Go to

http://singlesites.wordpress.cloudmocca.com/royalshop/shop-online/

It appears the MarketPress has to be setup from scratch unlike other eCommerce themes. I wanted a page or theme that I could customize to make it easy but I have to playing around with shortcodes. For example, I want to display categories and featured products I can’t get it do. I want to change the button text color instead of green or button color or image, I can’t get anything do.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @vanavah,

I’ve looked into this, and both of these problems are related to your theme.

1. With the product listings not being shown from the normal URL, it looks the template file being used in your theme isn’t rendering anything. With other themes, this works file. So it looks like the theme developers might have forgotten to include some code.

2. When using the shortcode, that page works which is good. This is probably the best way to do this on your site. As for the styling issues, this is because your theme heavily changes things such as fonts and spacing.

MarketPress does it’s best to honor what is set by the original theme in terms of colors and font, but often between both stylesheets, and using the grid view, this can get a bit messed up.

To fix this, MarketPress allows you to define a store custom theme, and you can include a stylesheet to be used instead of the the defaults. The default styles included are a best estimate of what will work on the most amount of sites and themes.

So, there are two options. You can have create a new stylesheet to fix the issues, or you can switch to the list view for your main product page. I’ve tested it on your site and it appears to be working ok.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards,

Alexander Rohmann

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.