Market Press as product catalogue

Hello

I understood Market press could be used as a product show case only if so chosen. But I have some troubles for that.
First price is required. I am doing this for a customer and I dont know the price and it is not ment to show to anbody anyway. So it is totally unnecessary. Perhaps this is a minor thing anyway..
Second. Market press automaticly add stuff to the menu. How do I remove that? I need to remove everything.
Third. I checked the "I dont remember what it said but it is suppose to be a non ecommerce thing after that" it still add cart and stuff like that to the menu. what am I doing wrong here?

• Sajid

Hi mik-A,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, we do have disable shopping cart option in the backend of MarketPress that disable the shopping cart functionality.

First price is required. I am doing this for a customer and I dont know the price and it is not ment to show to anbody anyway. So it is totally unnecessary. Perhaps this is a minor thing anyway..

Indeed, it does not remove the price from backend but if you don't know price then just add 0 and hide the price from frontend using following CSS code.

.mp_product_price {
        display: none;
    }

Another point, you can also disable mini cart from Store Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous Settings.

Second. Market press automaticly add stuff to the menu. How do I remove that? I need to remove everything.

It should not add the menu items. But if it does in your case then you can remove those items from Appearance -> Menus.

Third. I checked the "I dont remember what it said but it is suppose to be a non ecommerce thing after that" it still add cart and stuff like that to the menu. what am I doing wrong here?

I am sorry but I did not get your point. Could you please explain this point with the help of screenshots if possible.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• mik-A

By changing the theme I got the products visible. How ever the plugin automaticly adds something to the menu. For eg Cart and some other links even if I have checked the "disable cart - yes". So it does not work as wished.
    Anyway now I removed the plugin cause I desided to use something else. But the menu did stay.
    And if I go to apperance -> customize -> Menu- then there is nothing.
    It is only on front end. How do I remove this? (and why did it appear in the first place?)

• Nastia

Hello mik-A

I hope you are doing well today!

The MarketPress doesn't add pages to the menu. Please navigate from your Dashboard to Appearance > Menus and make sure that these pages are not located in any of your menus.

If these pages are not there, please check if your theme is using a widget to show these links.

If you still can't locate them, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so we can have a closer look?

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.