Market press – Can you hide pricing

Hi Guys,

Is there an easy way to hide all pricing in Marketpress plugin and also hide the Estimated Total table from the cart that shows Estimated Total & Product Total?

Basically I want to turn it into a quotation function where they add their items to the cart (I will rename this to quote) then send it through for quotation.

Many Thanks

D

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Discopants

Hope you are doing well.

You can use CSS to hide the prices and estimate table on checkout, as suggested on this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/use-marketpress-as-a-catalog-vs-live-store

On your custom CSS file or WordPress > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

Add the following code.

/** Hide Estimate Table **/
    #mp-cart-resume{display: none;}
    /** Hide Price **/
    .mp_product_price {display:none;}

If they still show you can use !important

/** Hide Estimate Table **/
    #mp-cart-resume{display: none !important;}
    /** Hide Price **/
    .mp_product_price {display:none !important;}

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Best Regards

Patrick Freitas

• Discopants
          • Flash Drive

Thank you Patrick,

I am learning the basics of CSS myself at the minute, to save me searching through theme files is the a specific place to find the references used in the CSS code you have provided e.g the mp_product_price / mp_order_detail_item / #mp-cart-resume etc

Thank You

D

• Patrick Freitas
            • Staff

Hi Discopants

Hope you are doing well.

I usually use the browser console for this, clicking on right button of mouse > Inspect or Inspect Element depending on the browser.

https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/inspect-styles/

It will open the browser console then you can see the Classes or IDs.

Remember,

if you are getting a class, e.g class=mp_product_price you will use the dot (.mp_product_price{… )

for IDs id=mp-cart-resume we use the (#mp-cart-resume{….)

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Discopants
            • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

I have had a play around and was able to hide some more elements myself so thank you for that. I am stuck on a couple more if you can help.

1 – I would like to hide the checkbox for entering different shipping address so this option is removed.

2 – Also on the next part of the form remove the shipping address details column so only the first column for billing is displayed.

Is this possible? I tried a couple of different class & id combinations but cant seem to figure it out, hopefully you can help

Thank you

D

• Rupok
            • Support Ninja

Hi Discopants,

This is possible with the following custom CSS code. Please add the following code in your Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section and save.

.mp_checkout_field.mp_checkout_checkbox {
            display: none;
            }
            .mp_checkout_field.mp_checkout_checkbox.mp_privacy_policy {
            display: block;
            }
            .mp_cart_resume_item.mp_cart_resume_item-shipping-total {
            display: none;
            }

Please let us know if this doesn’t work. We will assist further.

Regards,

Rupok

• Discopants
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

I have almost got this project finished, just a couple more tweeks hopefully you can help with.

1. The total cart price is still showing on the mobile cart pop up is there code that will hide this?

2. Is there a way to change the cart icon on the pop up to say a quote/speech bubble icon?

Many Thanks

D

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Discopants,

I’m so sorry but I’m not sure which total car price you are referring to. Can you please provide a screenshot so we can provide proper code to hide that?

To change the card icon on the pop up, you can try the following custom CSS code:

.mp_mini_cart_ribbon:before {
    content: "f130";
    }

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We are always here to help.

Regards,

Rupok

• Discopants
    • Flash Drive

Thank you the icon worked perfectly, for future reference is there a list / website to get the number codes for different icons to use with this css?

Please see attached screen shot of the mini cart it still shows the cart total at the top £0.00 if there is some code to remove this.

Thank you for your help

• Discopants
    • Flash Drive

I should point out that it is the mini cart on mobile that displayes the cart total still but not on the desktop version.

I have also noticed in the divi theme the top of mini cart is hidden under the divi header so you cant actually see the cart icon etc is it possible to move the position of the mini cart down a bit so it is not under the header?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Discopants

Hope you are doing well.

Wouldn’t you mind please, grant the support access for your site and we can take a look at this?

I tried to replicate this mini cart on my end and wasn’t able so we would need to check the correct classes to Hide that element also move it down a bit for you.

Please, let us know when support is granted and we can find the right CSS.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.