market press causing website errors

market press is causing ssl cert problems. here is the email from host gator. what they said works because when I disable market press all of a sudden I can download plugins again
Hello,

I wanted to let you know that in this case it does seem that the problem with installing new plugins is occurring in connection with the indicated plugins having been active. One consideration here is that you can temporarily disable those to perform installations, and then re-enable them shortly thereafter.

Having said that, curl information for the server is as follows:

[root@gator4219 ~]# curl --version
curl 7.19.7 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/3.19.1 Basic ECC zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.4.2
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

However this problem doesn't look like a curl version issue to me. The fact that the issue goes away when Marketpress is disabled suggests to me a possible issue with the CA cert included in that plugin's files. I found a number of locations where such CA information is stored:

[root@gator4219 /home2/ab90783/public_html]# find -iname "*cert*"
./wp-includes/certificates
./wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async-files/externals/google/IO/cacerts.pem
./wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/payment-gateways/wepay-files/cacert.pem
./wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/payment-gateways/simplify-files/lib/Simplify/data/ca-certificates.crt
./wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/payment-gateways/stripe-files/lib/data/ca-certificates.crt
./wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/payment-gateways/mollie-files/Mollie/API/cacert.pem
./wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/aws/AWSSDKforPHP/lib/requestcore/cacert.pem
./wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/google-drive/Google/IO/cacerts.pem
./wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/greenqloud/AWSSDKforPHP/lib/requestcore/cacert.pem
./wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/IO/cacerts.pem

You may need to make sure the relevant ones being used are up to date.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Dale M,
Linux Administrator
To reply to this ticket, please be sure to email HostGator from the email address you created the ticket with