Market Press check out page issues

We are attempting to use the market press plugin. The check out page has some issues? Not sure what's up here. We are seeing the shopping cart items both at the top left of the page and at the bottom of the page. It is all a mess. Image is attached.. Any suggestions? We are using latest versions of WP and Thesis.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya John,

Do you have any sort of widget enabled on the shopping cart page perhaps?

Please make sure you're using the latest version of MarketPress (1.1.3 right now I believe) and notice that the bit of information that's appearing at the top has an id of "mp_cart_actions_widget".

I don't see any references to this as an ID in your theme's CSS, but I do see it as a class. I know I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but we don't have a whole lot of information on the thesis theme around here so it's much more difficult to diagnose.

My thought would be to do this:
    switch to a different theme (like 2010 for example) does the problem still exist?
    Toggle your other plugins off and see if the problem still exists.
    Try having just thesis and marketpress enabled and see if the problem is still there.

At least at the end of that we'll know exactly what is causing the issue. I'm not seeing any javascript conflicts, but I can't imagine why those links would be doubled up on the shopping cart page. Have you made any custom template files for the shopping cart pages?

Sorry to give ya a post full of questions and no answers, but it could be any number of things here. We'll get ya sorted though.

Thanks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I just tried it and it's adding the form to the head of the outputted html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en-US">
        <form id="mp_cart_form" method="post" action="">
        <table class="mp_cart_contents">
          <thead><tr>
            <th class="mp_cart_col_product" colspan="2">Item:</th>
            <th class="mp_cart_col_price">Price:</th>
            <th class="mp_cart_col_quant">Quantity:</th>

</tr></thead>
          <tbody>
    [removed a bunch of form code from here ~ drmike]
        <head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">

That's not good. Can't even blame a stray wp_head hook as this is being entered into the head before everything else.

I know in the past that's been a sign that a plugin has been incorrectly installed within mu-plugins. A quick check of the install instructions shows that this needs to be in the plugins subdirectory. Where did you install it?

edit: Please note the install instructions lists that some specific files and directories go into each plugin subdirectory. Please make sure the right ones are in the right places.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.