Market press Settings

Set up Marketpress to only ship to the UK. However, now want to allow payment from Southern Ireland. Added Ireland to the allowed countries but when testing I could select Ireland but then it wouldn't set the Counties drop down and would not allow it to progress.
I managed to get in to remove Ireland but now cannot find the setting.
I go into the shipping setting but only see the Flat rate shipping table and nothing else's .
Can you help or advise.
Ultimately I need to allow Ireland but it didn't work.

• Dimitris

Hey there Andrew,

I trust you're well today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just went ahead and see this issue in action. No matter what changes I made in my short tests, whenever I try to make another choice in country selection in checkout page, I get the following error:

http://xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=mp_update_states_dropdown 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable)

This is true even now that UK is the only selected country for shipping. If you navigate as a connected user, your address is already in place, if you go incognito though, you have to select the "United Kingdom" country, which leads to the same error.

As this is something that I couldn't replicate in my test installation, I'd like you perform a theme/plugin conflict test as described in a nice flow chart here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If this has no effect and no conflicting plugin or/and theme can be found, then please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by recreating a frozen "State/Province". By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply. This may lead us to the source of it.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Andrew

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have followed the process chart and not found any problems with plugins.

I haven't tried changing the theme because as it is a live site I didn't want to risk affecting the site at this time. However, I do have Marketpress working correctly on another site with the same theme.

I tried to add the code to wp-config.php file but it crashed the site for some reason. So haven't been able to do that step.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andrew,

If your other site works fine with the same theme issue is most likely not related to that unless your theme has some different settings that are not configured the same on both sites, however it might be best for now to focus on getting debug log.

Can you tell me what happened when you changed your wp-config.php file, were there any errors shown?

Can you make sure that you have replaced this line completely:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    Also make sure that it's not added below /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line.

When the code is properly added it shouldn't affect your site in any way and it should only log any errors that happen in your debug log file.

This should give us insight on what's happening.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for granting access again, I noticed that you had Snapshot of your entire installation so I downloaded it and restored it on my local installation to perform some further testing.

On my installation console error is not showing up even though all the same plugins and theme are being used, so it seems that this is something related to your server configuration.

Can you get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to check server logs and see if there's anything there that could tell us what's going on.
    Make sure to let them know about the console error that Dimitris mentioned before:
    http://xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=mp_update_states_dropdown 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable)

Let us know what information you managed to get from them.

Best regards,
    Predrag