Market Press - Users are NOT added as users when they purchase?! :(

Hi there,

I'm just setting up my site using Market Press.
http://www.inkfx.com.au

I've just done a test for a $1 product to make sure everything works fine.

For some reason the /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=messages
New order notifications did NOT send.

No user login information was received, and under 'Users' in WP there is no new user in there:
/wp-admin/users.php

Can you help?

I've attached a screenshot of the part where 'existing' users can Login in the checkout process.
For this to happen there must be a way for them to get their username and password?

Please help!
Cheers
Shane

• aecnu

Greetings Shane,

Thank you for letting us know of this potential issue.

To be absolutely critical of the purchasing process to address your issue and concerns, I just went through a total sequence of making a purchase of a digital product through my test store.

Everything worked flawlessly to include receiving an email with the purchase information as the buyer:

Thank you for your order !

Your order has been received, and any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible. Please refer to your Order ID (Removed) whenever contacting us.
    Here is a confirmation of your order details:

Order Information:
    Items:
    PHP Info Script: 1 * 0.50 = 0.50 USD
    Download: http://aecnuwpmu.us/store/products/php-info-script/?orderid=removedbyJoe

Order Total: 0.50 USD

Shipping Information:
    No shipping required for this order.

Payment Information:
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Payment Type: PayPal balance, Credit Card, or Instant Transfer
    Transaction ID: 1C136376AR359370J
    Payment Total: 0.50 USD

Your payment for this order is complete.

You can track the latest status of your order here: http://aecnuwpmu.us/store/order-status/removed/

Thanks again!

Not only was I able to access the digital download via the emailed link above, Market Press presented me with the download after making payment.

I also received purchase notification as the store owner:

A new order (removedbyJoe) was created in your store:

Order Information:
    Items:
    PHP Info Script: 1 * 0.50 = 0.50 USD
    Download: http://aecnuwpmu.us/store/products/php-info-script/?orderid=removedbyJoe

Order Total: 0.50 USD

Shipping Information:
    No shipping required for this order.

Email: support@bulgariannet.com

Payment Information:
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Payment Type: PayPal balance, Credit Card, or Instant Transfer
    Transaction ID: 1C136376AR359370J
    Payment Total: 0.50 USD

Your payment for this order is complete.

You can manage this order here: http://aecnuwpmu.us/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=removedbyJoe

So in summary:

I received the order as the customer to include a way to receive or in this case more accurately retrieve the order/download by email as well as on return from payment.

As the store owner I was notified of the purchase and the details therein.

However, as you have accurately pointed out no "user account" was ever created.

Maybe this is what is expected for the "Checkout Directly" as shown in your screen shot.

Therefore it is my opinion that a user needs to register the normal way via the WordPress registration process to create an account and it is certainly not created when they purchase.

Personally I do not have a problem with this "Direct Checkout" process, it is a fact that the less a person has to enter or click the greater sales conversions, except for one exception:

As shown in the screen shot below if the person comes back to make another purchase it clearly states: Made a purchase here before? Login now to retrieve your saved info »

In which they obviously cannot.

Please keep in mind this test was being conducted considering a digital product and that the process may indeed be different for a physical product purchase. But never the less this could certainly prove to be confusing to end users sending them into a spin because they do not have an account but made a purchase. Yes I could in fact change the message but of course that is not the point especially for those store owners expecting and "out of the box" solution.

Therefore I am going to try to see if I can get then lead developer of Market Press in here to clarify the processes, if this is indeed the expected result, and if there is anyway we could possibly streamline this so there are no misconceptions on the purchasers behalf.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will see about getting the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight and advise asap.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• ppstech

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I've turned on the forced login option now which helps solve that problem. Now I just have to test again to find out what's happening to the emails.

Appreciate your feedback and help.

Also, Is there an add-on or something someone else has done with MarketPress to allow customers to 'Upload' files?

Reason I ask is that we need our clients to upload their photo(s) so we can print them. If there isn't that feature available or no one has developed it yet I assume there is no problem with us developing it?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.