Market Press with Upfront vs. legacy themes

Hi,

I’m cleaning up my themes and updating client sites. Is Market Press integrated into Upfront or should I still be offering the MarketPress themes (FrameMarket, GridMarket, Product, etc.)?

Also, are the legacy themes Nelo, Dixi, Triden, Business Portfolio, Business Feature, Business Services, Sleekphoto, etc. still supported and for how long?

I have clients that like and are using these themes. Is it time to find them another theme? Not everyone wants Upfront for everything (although a great theme!)

Thanks!

Chuck S.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Chuck S.

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The legacy themes are no longer developed and supported and they are not even available from our site any more. I’d say that some of them will still work reasonably well for some time but there’s no backward compatibility maintained with MarketPress at all and also those themes are not updated to match all the changes made to WordPress core.

I think the choice would be either Upfront or 3rd-party themes, unless particular site is still working fine – then you could stick to legacy themes until an update (of any of the plugins or of WP core) causes some issues. The “switch” then however would be “a must”.

Best regards,

Adam

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello ChuckS

Glad to hear about your plan. :slight_smile:

Now as this thread has reached to its conclusion, I am marking it resolved. And you do not need to reply us back here.

For your other issues, please do open new thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile: Enjoy WPMU DEV.

Cheers,

Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.